Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you rate the PDX area service centers/local service if ever needed. Are there “independent” type shops around PDX capable of servicing these?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you rate the PDX area service centers/local service if ever needed. Are there “independent” type shops around PDX capable of servicing these, even if more limit in scope?

How strong is the local DIY scene if something difficult or specialized required service, and was capable to be serviced by the user? Thinking in terms of specialized tools / software diagnosis or even model specific knowledge on repair protocols that may not be strait forward.

What are some “non surface level” topics you wish you looked into closer before moving forward with a purchase?

Logistically, these vehicles will work for me in terms or user observed range and charging at home. Still trying to dig into more niche technical details, but those seem significantly more difficult to find info on.

Any thoughts on test driving or trying to go over a existing car with mileage and seasoned user to find out what they are like without rose colored glasses on, maybe even try to find a ride along before placing an order for the M3/MY?

I’ve always had a good experience with the Portland service center. Both for delivery and service/warranty work.
What were your experience like compared to other manufactures and expectations?

IYO, are the SC issues blown out of proportion at all, and are they possibly geographic in nature or system wide? Read a lot of frankly difficult to palate stories about problems, issues, and very poor time frame to solve issues. The type where it sounds like second car availability would be a necessity if certain issue cropped up however unlikely.