TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do you remove sliding armrests?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by pingumel, May 11, 2016.

1. pingumel

pingumel New Member

How do you remove the sliding armrests to remove the plastic cover underneath it? I must be missing something because I can't get it.

2. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

The screws on the underside of my armrest came out, so I stopped by a service center to have them replaced. The tech told me to be ready for what he was about to do. He pulled back the armrest about half way so he could get his hand under it, then yanked it straight up. Pop! Off it came. He told me it's the way it's supposed to be done. I haven't tried it myself, but I did witness the procedure. Take my advice with a grain of salt.

3. zambono

zambono Member

Se need a DIY section already

4. Andino

Andino Member

Has anyone tried this with success? I need to remove the sliding armrests in order to take off the plastic protective film.

5. Nismode

Nismode Member

If the film is still whole, you don't need to. Just pull it in a way to peel off everything at once. Sliding the armrests forward makes it easier. If there's still a piece in between, I would rather use a small, thin screwdriver to peel it off rather than messing with removing the armrests personally.

6. Andino

Andino Member

I tried pulling and only part of it came off. The remainder got stuck between the armrest and the opening between the armrest and the console is way too thin for any screwdriver to reach it....o_O

7. Tes Pride

Tes Pride Vendor

Just pull the arm rest up. They pop off.

8. Andino

Andino Member

Is it easy to put it back? What's the risk of damaging the whole thing?

9. Tes Pride

Tes Pride Vendor

I've taken mine off many times. It is harder to put back on. You can go to the service center if you are worried.

10. snail3

snail3 Member