TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do you remove the sliding armrests?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tdiggity, Jan 7, 2014.

1. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Does anyone know how to remove the sliding armrests?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

3. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Didn't see instructions on their site, it says this:

CAN I INSTALL PARZ MYSELF? PARZ makes use of the existing slide mechanism for the Model S arm rests, thereby providing a smooth and elegant sliding motion that is indistinguishable from original equipment. To accomplish this, the center tower of your Model S must be partially disassembled. For that reason, the PARZ is not a DIY project...

4. dave

dave Member

I had to pull them off to remove some plastic wrap when the car was brand new. I believe I just pulled straight up and they popped off. Proceed at your own risk. :)

5. aaronw

aaronw Member

I had to completely disassemble my center console for another issue (soda got spilled). Anyway, the screws are on the underside. You need to pop off the back cover and sides to remove the screws holding the top on from the underside.

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible to disassemble the center console yourself. It isn't all that hard. The rear and side panels just pop off. Much of it snaps together along with some screws. The only way to remove the arm rests is to disassemble the top of the center console since the screws are only accessible from underneath.

6. tinpandave

tinpandave Member

Dave is right, move then forward then pull up they are hard to pull off and do not take the bracket out with the ball in it unless you are good at Chinese checkers. anyway to put it back on alien the track in the armrest with the fixed track getting the outside edge engaged first then push it to the inside keeping the outside edge engaged then pop the inside down. I just did this with a service tec. on the phone and it worked good luck

7. rlang59

rlang59 Member

51395638721_freesize.jpg

8. tinpandave

tinpandave Member

sorry about that(ALIGN) my typing is not that hot. please stick to the intent of the topic . you English majors are on a different thread

9. rlang59

rlang59 Member

#9 rlang59, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    It was just a joke and a perfect opportunity to bust out that picture. :smile: