Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you remove the sliding armrests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't see instructions on their site, it says this:

CAN I INSTALL PARZ MYSELF? PARZ makes use of the existing slide mechanism for the Model S arm rests, thereby providing a smooth and elegant sliding motion that is indistinguishable from original equipment. To accomplish this, the center tower of your Model S must be partially disassembled. For that reason, the PARZ is not a DIY project...

I had to completely disassemble my center console for another issue (soda got spilled). Anyway, the screws are on the underside. You need to pop off the back cover and sides to remove the screws holding the top on from the underside.

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible to disassemble the center console yourself. It isn't all that hard. The rear and side panels just pop off. Much of it snaps together along with some screws. The only way to remove the arm rests is to disassemble the top of the center console since the screws are only accessible from underneath.

Dave is right, move then forward then pull up they are hard to pull off and do not take the bracket out with the ball in it unless you are good at Chinese checkers. anyway to put it back on alien the track in the armrest with the fixed track getting the outside edge engaged first then push it to the inside keeping the outside edge engaged then pop the inside down. I just did this with a service tec. on the phone and it worked good luck

Dave is right, move then forward then pull up they are hard to pull off and do not take the bracket out with the ball in it unless you are good at Chinese checkers. anyway to put it back on alien the track in the armrest with the fixed track getting the outside edge engaged first then push it to the inside keeping the outside edge engaged then pop the inside down. I just did this with a service tec. on the phone and it worked good luck

51395638721_freesize.jpg