Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you replace Model X wiper blades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm what DCGOO said. My wipers were chattering on the windshield despite having plenty of rain to wipe off, so I created a service ticket and a Mobile Service Support person is going to come out next Wednesday to look at and "possibly replace" my wipers at no cost to me.

I can confirm what DCGOO said. My wipers were chattering on the windshield despite having plenty of rain to wipe off, so I created a service ticket and a Mobile Service Support person is going to come out next Wednesday to look at and "possibly replace" my wipers at no cost to me.
Just replacing the wipers may not resolve the chattering, and the Mobile Support person probably won't go to the next step - super-cleaning the windshield. There are videos on YouTube for the process, but I use 0000 steel wool to rub down the entire windshield after cleaning the glass with Invisible Glass & a microfiber towel. Then repeat the Invisible Glass after the 0000 steel wool.

Can someone confirm that wipers will be replaced under warranty?

Seems like it’s a main totem but given how hard it is to get replacement and the fact that it’s hard to do yourself maybe it is warranty.

Lost in all this. Only place to get model X wiper blades is Tesla. You have to get a service appointment to get them... No way to order them online and there is no drop in parts department at Tesla...I lost my wiper trying to knock ice off while in stop and go traffic in the mountains... Blade flew off! Mobile appointments are scheduling a week out...

Lost in all this. Only place to get model X wiper blades is Tesla. You have to get a service appointment to get them... No way to order them online and there is no drop in parts department at Tesla...I lost my wiper trying to knock ice off while in stop and go traffic in the mountains... Blade flew off! Mobile appointments are scheduling a week out...
Our Service Center in Denver told me I could contact them and either pick up the blades or they would mail them as I live 1 hour away. I haven't tried this yet and I don't know how well it will work... it's difficult to get a live person on the phone but I have occasionally been successful. Might be worth a try for you.
I have an emergency set at the house. At one of my annual maintenance appointments I asked that they put the old wipers in the frunk when they put on the new set. They were happy to do so.

Mine cracked off during heavy snow.

I watched a great YouTube video. With excellent close ups of the mechanism.

Then popped mine back in and it held for a few days.

Then went to a local SC and got a pair and put it on myself. With the guy watching. I asked to do it myself to practice. Very simple.

In my case it was warranty as I just got them replaced as I needed to and my car was in the shop anyway. But I'm sure I could have just paid for it.

Much anxiety before doing it but really not that bad in retrospect.