Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you self-refer for a new purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is NO point in self referring. You DO NOT get a double benefit as both referee and referrer. You only get one.

It only benefits Tesla since they only have to pay out one referral, instead of two if you use someone else’s.

I tried myself, not believing others, and only got one referral benefit. As has many others if you search though the forums. This has been tried many times on Tesla car and solar purchases. It’s always the same result. No double dipping.

If you want to use my referral It would appreciated it.

LINK: Earn Free Supercharging Miles or a $100 Cash Award

CODE: jeremy75603

But otherwise all the best with your self referral.

QUOTE="ratsbew, post: 5319854, member: 9316"]I already own a Model 3 and am about to order a new Y AWD. How do I use my own referral code? Is it as simple as copy/pasting and ordering like that?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Happy to do a referral swapsies so we both get the 2,000 vs. 1,000. I already have my MY order in, but not taking delivery until they get my exeact config in. Let me know. It's also a good way to make the miles expiration stretch a little longer as every time a referral goes through it adds 6 months to the deadline.

Happy to do a referral swapsies so we both get the 2,000 vs. 1,000. I already have my MY order in, but not taking delivery until they get my exeact config in. Let me know. It's also a good way to make the miles expiration stretch a little longer as every time a referral goes through it adds 6 months to the deadline.

How do you get 2000. I've never seen that anywhere.

FYI, miles expiration can only be expended so far. Granted it's likely after several referrals, but it's not indefinite with continued referrals. It caps at something like 2 or 3 years expiration. But you still get the extra miles each time.

How do you get 2000. I've never seen that anywhere.

FYI, miles expiration can only be expended so far. Granted it's likely after several referrals, but it's not indefinite with continued referrals. It caps at something like 2 or 3 years expiration. But you still get the extra miles each time.

If you do a referral swap, both of you (buyer and referrer) get 1,000 for each vehicle = 2,000 total

I've seen some people list cars in the sale section that they "state" were RAFFLE (edit) Wins. Other than that, no I personally haven't.

The other question I've always had is do you own get entered only into the month (or quarter in Roadster case) in which you had the referral (most likely); or is it rolled over and over for every month in perpetuity (unlikely)?

In any case I never expect to "win the car" as the odd's are just so incredibly low.

Last edited:
I've seen some people list cars in the sale section that they "state" were RAFFLE (edit) Wins. Other than that, no I personally haven't.

The other question I've always had is do you own get entered only into the month (or quarter in Roadster case) in which you had the referral (most likely); or is it rolled over and over for every month in perpetuity (unlikely)?

In any case I never expect to "win the car" as the odd's are just so incredibly low.

I wondered that too. I've never seen anyone post, anywhere that 'I won this 3/Y Tesla in the monthly raffle'

This is a really good question as well..

I have heard of someone actually winning...

For those of you who’ve self referred recently, did you get the free miles as the referrer or referree? In other words, did the miles apply to your old car or new car?

The miles go to your Tesla account. I have two cars on my Tesla account and the referral miles are shared.

FYI self referring doesn't get you double (2000) miles. You still get 1000. But it does mean that Tesla only has to pay out once, instead of twice - like if you used someone else's referral.

You're not referring a VIN. You're referring your account.

Reactions: eCharcoal