Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you switch off the Security Alarm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the car alarm go off 4 times last night, waking up ourselves and quite probably several other people in the street too, with no indication as to why. I had problems with repeated false alarms when I first got the car, so switched the alarm off, and wasn't troubled by it again. However, it now looks like the alarm has been switched on, and the option to switch if off disabled. In the middle of the night I tried all sorts of things, e.g. using the key card and entering the PIN to drive, to see if I could enable the option to disable the alarm, but to no avail.

Is this something from a recent update? I updated to 2020.28.1 recently. I see from [UK] 2020.28.x that 2020.28.2 reintroduced the option to disable the Tilt/Intrusion (if Sentry Mode is disabled), but don't know if there's a later update, e.g. 2020.28.5, that I need to get to be able to disable the Security Alarm.
I had the same in my new model 3, got in the car and found a fly, let it out no issue since. Wow they are sensitive!

wher ei live rits nearly impossible not to have spiders or flies in the car, and I dont like to switch of the alarm every time i leave the car. so I'm looking for adifferent solution, maybe some tape over the ultrasonic sensors but where are they? Does anybody know?

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread (after posting here - Climate triggering alarm? - almost a week ago).

How did we all fare in the recent storms? (I'm being generous and assuming that the extreme rain and maybe even storm-flung debris might be to blame for our recent issues...) We'd switched off sentry mode at home as it seemed to make the car's alarm even more sensitive (any reason why this might be, or just anecdotal nonsense?), but we've just returned from a weekend away. The alarm went off (at least once with full dumb rock music enabled) three times in one evening/night at my sister-in-law's. A bit embarrassing and - as I've said before, re the constant/intrusive warning noises and bonging while driving the car - not a good 'PR' look for Tesla.

After the third instance, I sat in the car for a while (in my jimjams and slippers) and the only thing I could imagine setting off the alarm were occasional twigs dropping onto the bonnet from a tree to one side of the car. (Or weird shadow effects caused by said tree in the wind.) I was considering leaving the bloody thing in dog mode when I decided to do another reboot (I performed one after the embarrassing incident at home). Coincidence or not, it's been fine since,. though I haven't dared engage sentry mode at either house!

Any thoughts, good people? We were on the verge of wanting to get rid of the thing this weekend :( (though ended up being bowled over by our first supercharger experience - Packed Superchargers :) ).