TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How do you tell if your car has enhanced autopilot activated?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by jeraldinho, Mar 7, 2017.

1. jeraldinho

jeraldinho Member

After buying a Model S AP2 with EA on the contract how does one check whether its activated? I know there is some calibration needed at first but on double flick of the lever there is no warning of any sort that autopilot is waiting for calibration.

2. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

Do you have "Autosteer (BETA)" in the Driver Assistance menu?

• Like x 1
  3. Sander1977

Sander1977 New Member

I had the same thing, last friday picked up my new model S. Nothing happened after double flicking the cruise control lever. Then, after installing the update 17.7.2 the same night, i got more feedback the next morning. Still it had to calibrate, but i got feedback that it had autopilot and TACC.
    After driving about 800 km it still did not come on and today i went to the service shop and they manually recalibrated my radar. Now it all works and even autosteer works.

hope this helps.

4. jeraldinho

jeraldinho Member

Thanks for the reply guys, autosteer is not on the menu. Service are looking into it.