Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you value a roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2008 1.5 Roadster, about 85k miles, good but not perfect condition - how do I value that for insurance reasons

New tires, *new* (reman PEM), hard top, 2 sets of rims, 3.0 battery 10mos old

Trying to get pricing by looking at various sellers prices, blackbook, etc is just sending me all around..

thanks

Trying to get pricing by looking at various sellers prices, blackbook, etc is just sending me all around..
It is difficult to value a car that was produced in low numbers and is so unusual. In addition, there are few known sales of 1.5’s with the 3.0 battery. Your approach is reasonable, though I would disregard Kelly Blue Book values.

My car is similar to yours, just with fewer miles (37K). I’ve seen your car, and based on your description I think a value of $60 - 65K. To me, the 3.0 battery adds a lot of value, despite the high miles on your car. Without the 3.0 battery I would guess a car like yours would currently sell for $45 to $50K.

That is just my personal opinion. No offense met, just trying to help. I don’t know what you paid for your car. It is my belief that Roadsters are slowly depreciating and mileage is a major factor in determining value. They have not attained “collector” car status that would cause values to appreciate.

Reactions: AtAge19