Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Do You Wash A Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

So, I have a 2011 Roadster, and am trying to get it presentable. Since they're convertibles, car washes here don't like to take them in. Plus it's susceptible to micro scratches.

How do you guys wash your Roadsters? What do I need if I were to do it by hand? How much would it be to take it to someone else? What should I look for? I think it's very clean. Just accumulated dust from being in the garage is the issue. And to bring it to an eventual selling point, what else should I check out?

Thanks,
G

The "Two Bucket Method" is recommended. I think it was documented on this forum somewhere. I'm using Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax for traditional water-based washing, with a follow-up of Meguiar's Wash & Wax Anywhere (spray) as a final pass with a soft cloth a few times per year.

The paint is noted to be "soft" and easily scratches, so taking the car to a motorized wash place is not recommended. Besides damage to the paint, there are some weak areas for water ingress, including one that can prevent the car from charging until it dries out.

Reactions: IslandRoadster
Upvote 0
The "Two Bucket Method" is recommended. I think it was documented on this forum somewhere. I'm using Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax for traditional water-based washing, with a follow-up of Meguiar's Wash & Wax Anywhere (spray) as a final pass with a soft cloth a few times per year.

The paint is noted to be "soft" and easily scratches, so taking the car to a motorized wash place is not recommended. Besides damage to the paint, there are some weak areas for water ingress, including one that can prevent the car from charging until it dries out.
Just as important is the seam at the front fender to bumper on the left side, never never use any kind of water pressure in there. That road leads to no brakes. Hard lesson learned.

Upvote 0