Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does a Chevy Bolt pay for electricity at a Tesla Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F129FBEF-5304-40C1-8A60-34773855B24A.jpeg
DBB06F28-462F-41E0-9920-12D7DBED4C17.jpeg

Yup. Seems like there were parking spots available.

I wonder what we'd call this when a non-Tesla squats in a Tesla supercharger stall.

"ICEd" for when a gasser squats in a Tesla charging stall.

It doesn't. There was no charging going on there. The person is clueless (like many about EVs) and will be disappointed when they return. The adapter the person has is for AC Level 2 charging from a Tesla Destination Charger. It does nothing at a Supercharger.

It doesn't. There was no charging going on there. The person is clueless (like many about EVs) and will be disappointed when they return. The adapter the person has is for AC Level 2 charging from a Tesla Destination Charger. It does nothing at a Supercharger.
Would be funny if there was a Tesla to CCS adapter. I’m more interested in a CCS to Tesla adapter though!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I don't understand how other EV owners like this Bolt owner can think this is a public charger, It says right on there, TESLA. Doesn't say BOLT. I think if I seen this, I would not be as kind. Reporting the vehicle to Tesla would be the first move with license plate number. Second, i would contact the owner of location and possibly have vehicle removed from charger. Then again, (3 seconds later) I may do nothing and if I seen the driver, I would ask if they did receive a charge and if so, maybe they really needed one. If not, I would help them locate a charger that may work with their vehicle. Wish we knew more.

• Disagree
Reactions: HarleyW
I don't understand how other EV owners like this Bolt owner can think this is a public charger, It says right on there, TESLA. Doesn't say BOLT. I think if I seen this, I would not be as kind. Reporting the vehicle to Tesla would be the first move with license plate number. Second, i would contact the owner of location and possibly have vehicle removed from charger. Then again, (3 seconds later) I may do nothing and if I seen the driver, I would ask if they did receive a charge and if so, maybe they really needed one. If not, I would help them locate a charger that may work with their vehicle. Wish we knew more.
Yes, it’s stealing and all of us that have Teslas will be paying for the stolen product.

The article you linked refers to CCS superchargers in Europe. The reason it is possible in Europe, besides being a glitch, is that Tesla has the same connector as the other cars.

The Bolt is an American car, and this appears to be an off the shelf Tesla -> J1772 adapter that does not work with superchargers. J1772 is A/C only and no Tesla -> Chademo adapter exists for sale.

The article you linked refers to CCS superchargers in Europe. The reason it is possible in Europe, besides being a glitch, is that Tesla has the same connector as the other cars.

The Bolt is an American car, and this appears to be an off the shelf Tesla -> J1772 adapter that does not work with superchargers. J1772 is A/C only and no Tesla -> Chademo adapter exists for sale.
?? Tesla makes an adapter so you can use ChaDeMo to charge. Maybe I don't understand your comment?