Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does fixing issues work? Is there a cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Just a quick one - I see on the forum that people have had to book in issues via the app for tesla to fix - either via a mobile mechanic or at a service center.

Hopefully when I pick up....I won't have any issues...but I was just curious of the process?

Is it completely free? If so how long for? It would be good if you can know that any issues you find....either at delivery or further down the line that you can just book it in for free? Or is there a service plan you have to pay extra for?

I'm leasing if that makes any difference!!

Thanks

My 3 is just over one year old, I reported a door rattle (glass in passenger door, when window down), and asked for the windscreen water ingress to electrical harness be checked and any necessary sealing correction done. This second problem only applies to early UK model 3s.
I pick the car up tomorrow but my invoice shows a charge of £174+VAT to fix the rattle, £0 for the harness work. I'm about to question the £174 as the technician stated that the 'guide rubber was not fitted into guide channel correctly'. Surely this is covered by warranty?

These are the words on the invoice -

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 16.39.47.png

Taking this at face value I would definitely challenge this.

As you say a manufacturing defect and so def should be covered under warranty.

I have just started with a squeak from the RF suspension so nervously awaiting a service centre visit.