Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does it takes to get custom Model X from start ordering online?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to time when is the last week that I must order Model X in order to get the maximum Federal Tax break before June 30th of 2019. If I order on 30 days prior to end of June, will I receive it on time. Anyone that recently order one what is the timeline and how accurate is the estimate time on the website?

Delivery in Kansas will take longer than if you were in California.

Last year, we ordered our Model X for delivery in Texas and it took us 6 weeks. We were anxious to get it before a family vacation and considered picking it up in California - but that would have ended up costing a lot more $$$ because California deliveries require paying much higher taxes in CA to purchase the vehicle, and then paying taxes again to transfer the registration to another state. So we waited - and missed the vacation window.

Because the tax credit will be reduced at the end of June, my advice would be to place your order no later than the beginning of May for delivery in Kansas. After that, you may risk missing the end of June delivery and losing 1/2 of your tax credit.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker