TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How does my new Tesla get to T.O?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, Dec 10, 2014.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I am scheduled to take delivery on Dec 30. When will my car leave Cali and how does it get here? Via freight train? Via truck? And will I see on My Tesla when it is out of the production queue? What about the iOS app? I download it a few weeks ago but it says "No Vehicles Linked to This My Tesla Account. Your vehicle may not be ready." Will this change when my car is first charged up or does this not change until I take delivery?

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

The car will come on a truck.

At some point they will link your account to the car, but they might not turn on remote access in the car. In that case you'll have to turn it on yourself once you get the car. (Don't feel bad, I had my car for a long time before the iOS app was available.)

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

It won't happen until delivery at the earliest, and may take up to 24 hours after that.

4. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

Makes sense. It would be crazy if people beeped the horn and opened the roof while in transit.

5. agloutney

agloutney Member

For timeline reference, mine finished production on December 4th and was delivered in Montreal on December 11th. That's about as fast as it can happen if the planets line up and there's a Montreal/Toronto bound truck at the right time. DS pulled out all the stops too so a big thank you to the whole Montreal team! When production completed, your dashboard will show vehicle out for delivery or pickup. The status won't change until you take possession. The app will work an hour after delivery.

6. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

Just hope they don't need the superchargers to get it here!!! You may never get it!:rolleyes:

7. wayner

wayner Active Member

On My Tesla it now says "In Production - The Tesla Factory is building your Model S." Any idea how long the build takes?

8. agloutney

agloutney Member

About 80 hours for mine.

9. wayner

wayner Active Member

Was that your originally scheduled date? Given your experiences it seems like mine could even be here before Christmas rather than my Dec 30 scheduled date.

10. agloutney

agloutney Member

Original date was a week later for me. DS was very busy with lots of deliveries before years end.

11. wayner

wayner Active Member

Maybe if I am lucky Santa will come early and my red P85D will make it here at Christmas time rather than my scheduled Dec 30 delivery.

12. wayner

wayner Active Member

I noticed that my car was in production on Friday - although I am not sure that I looked on Thursday. Production is now finished so it looks like my car took about the same time to build, give or take a day off on the weekend.

13. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

19 days and counting for mine. :)

14. wayner

wayner Active Member

Your car has been in production for 19 days? Or that is when your delivery is due? I am Dec 30 but I am guessing that it could be earlier since the car is now built.