TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How does one find out where future stores will be.

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Webeevdrivers, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Webeevdrivers

Webeevdrivers Member

Hi folks. We are an EV family. 2016 Leaf SV and 2015 Smart ED convertible. In 4 years we will be replacing our two EV's with a single newer EV (our retirement gift to us). We were planning on it being another Leaf but are now considering a Tesla product. However we won't do it unless there is a Tesla store closer to us. Instead of Vancouver BC it would have to be Kelowna. Is there a spot in the Tesla website that indicates where future stores and service centres would be?

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Only future listings you'll see are for Superchargers and Stores/Service Centers that will be opened in the very near future. I wouldn't expect a Tesla Store in or around the vicinity of Kelowna for some time.

3. Webeevdrivers

Webeevdrivers Member

That's too bad. With addition of the Porsche dealer there as well as BMW, Mercedes and Audi being firmly entrenched there I thought there might be a chance. We might have to see what Nissan and BMW offer at the time.

Thanks for the reply.

4. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

You are currently thinking about a product purchase four years from now and trying to read the tea leaves about whether a Tesla store will exist in Kelowna, Canada? Nobody - probably including Tesla - has any freaking idea. If Tesla sells more Model 3's than they can handle - maybe. Who knows. Maybe they'll have mobile service there - maybe not. They are expanding their mobile service offerings from what I've read. Currently I personally am 200 miles from the nearest Tesla service center and I have no qualms - you're 240 miles from Vancouver. My 2016 and 2017 Teslas are both more reliable 30,000 total miles into ownership than any gas car I've had - including Infinitis. Neither car has required any unscheduled maintenance.

• Like x 1
  5. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

What's too bad? He doesn't have any more of a clue where Tesla will be four years from now than you or I do. This is a silly discussion at this point. Four years ago nobody knew if Tesla would even survive. Now the question is whether they will dominate the auto industry. Four years on from now - who the hell knows what the situation will be. None of us, that's for sure.

6. Webeevdrivers

Webeevdrivers Member

Yah I suppose a lot can happen in 4 years. Guess we'll look at options then.