Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does payment of Tesla Financing work?

jarvis2323

May 14, 2021
SoCal
I couldn't find details after searching, but basically I took delivery of my M3 LR on 6/29. Now i'm interested in how payments of Tesla Finance works? Is this through my Tesla account or will I be interacting directly with Chase? How long should I expect to wait until I hear from someone, as I don't want to miss getting my first payment in on time.

snikt

May 14, 2021
Denver, CO
I couldn't find details after searching, but basically I took delivery of my M3 LR on 6/29. Now i'm interested in how payments of Tesla Finance works? Is this through my Tesla account or will I be interacting directly with Chase? How long should I expect to wait until I hear from someone, as I don't want to miss getting my first payment in on time.

It's through the bank, Tesla has nothing to do with it after that. I just took delivery and have already received several e-mails and info from Wells Fargo

Sal_berris

Jul 2, 2021
New Jersey
Did you pay your downpayment already? I haven't gotten any communication on when it needs to be paid and what methods are available to pay (certified check, credit card, etc).

Pregame

Jun 28, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Did you pay your downpayment already? I haven't gotten any communication on when it needs to be paid and what methods are available to pay (certified check, credit card, etc).
I was given the option to pay the downpayment once a delivery date was set (which they then removed after I paid haa..)

jarvis2323

May 14, 2021
SoCal
I paid my down payment when I picked up the car via certified check. Although I noticed some folks were providing personal checks. As for paying the loan I found details on the website. Seems you have to wait 1-2 weeks:

What You'll Receive by Mail
When
TD Auto FinanceFirst billing statement, privacy notice and new customer information for assistance in servicing your loanAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
Wells FargoWelcome packet that includes first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
US Bank**Welcome letter, followed by the first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
ChaseWelcome kit that includes a welcome letter, first quarterly statement and instructions for AutopayTwo to three weeks after receiving original loan documents

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin

Baytomax

Professional EDD Page Refresher
Jul 15, 2021
Alhambra, CA
I paid my down payment when I picked up the car via certified check. Although I noticed some folks were providing personal checks. As for paying the loan I found details on the website. Seems you have to wait 1-2 weeks:

What You'll Receive by Mail
When
TD Auto FinanceFirst billing statement, privacy notice and new customer information for assistance in servicing your loanAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
Wells FargoWelcome packet that includes first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
US Bank**Welcome letter, followed by the first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
ChaseWelcome kit that includes a welcome letter, first quarterly statement and instructions for AutopayTwo to three weeks after receiving original loan documents
This is great information. Thank you.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC