Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does payment of Tesla Financing work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't find details after searching, but basically I took delivery of my M3 LR on 6/29. Now i'm interested in how payments of Tesla Finance works? Is this through my Tesla account or will I be interacting directly with Chase? How long should I expect to wait until I hear from someone, as I don't want to miss getting my first payment in on time.

I couldn't find details after searching, but basically I took delivery of my M3 LR on 6/29. Now i'm interested in how payments of Tesla Finance works? Is this through my Tesla account or will I be interacting directly with Chase? How long should I expect to wait until I hear from someone, as I don't want to miss getting my first payment in on time.

It's through the bank, Tesla has nothing to do with it after that. I just took delivery and have already received several e-mails and info from Wells Fargo

Did you pay your downpayment already? I haven't gotten any communication on when it needs to be paid and what methods are available to pay (certified check, credit card, etc).
I paid my down payment when I picked up the car via certified check. Although I noticed some folks were providing personal checks. As for paying the loan I found details on the website. Seems you have to wait 1-2 weeks:

What You'll Receive by Mail
When
TD Auto FinanceFirst billing statement, privacy notice and new customer information for assistance in servicing your loanAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
Wells FargoWelcome packet that includes first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
US Bank**Welcome letter, followed by the first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
ChaseWelcome kit that includes a welcome letter, first quarterly statement and instructions for AutopayTwo to three weeks after receiving original loan documents

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
I paid my down payment when I picked up the car via certified check. Although I noticed some folks were providing personal checks. As for paying the loan I found details on the website. Seems you have to wait 1-2 weeks:

What You'll Receive by Mail
When
TD Auto FinanceFirst billing statement, privacy notice and new customer information for assistance in servicing your loanAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
Wells FargoWelcome packet that includes first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
US Bank**Welcome letter, followed by the first statementAround 21 days prior to first payment due date
ChaseWelcome kit that includes a welcome letter, first quarterly statement and instructions for AutopayTwo to three weeks after receiving original loan documents
This is great information. Thank you.