Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does referral credit work?

nano1

Apr 3, 2018
Nashville, TN
I picked up an inventory MX last week and while going through the process the OA used a referral code from a customer that took delivery earlier that day so I would be their first. He indicated that would give me free supercharging and I’ll receive $500 credit to use with the online Tesla shop. Anyone know how long it takes to get that $500?

The way I read the referral program is the other person receives $500 and not me.

siucity

Button Pusher
Feb 18, 2015
SF North Bay, CA
I picked up an inventory MX last week and while going through the process the OA used a referral code from a customer that took delivery earlier that day so I would be their first. He indicated that would give me free supercharging and I’ll receive $500 credit to use with the online Tesla shop. Anyone know how long it takes to get that $500?

The way I read the referral program is the other person receives $500 and not me.

Since you are that person's first referral, you get the $500 credit. As for how long before it shows up in your account, I'm not sure.

Owners can give five friends free, unlimited Supercharging with the purchase of a new Model S or Model X. In addition to unlimited Supercharging, the first friend each owner refers between February 1 and April 30 will also receive a $500 credit toward service or accessories.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Glad you got a code to use, but it is not supposed to work like that. It’s an owner’s friends and family referral gift and the sales rep should not be choosing which owner’s code to use. If someone tipped you off to Tesla, gave you a ride, answered your questions, then they have missed out on their thank you gift from Tesla. Hopefully, and very likely, the new owner from earlier in the day will pay it foreward by introducing more people to Tesla.

edlin303

Jan 29, 2018
San Diego
My OA told me it should take 2-3 weeks to see the service credit. It hasn't been that long yet, so I can't confirm if that is true. But I am also not sure where it will show up, if anywhere. I planned to call in to the SC in a few weeks if I didn't see an email or something in my account.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC