Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Does Referral Program Work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have 3 qualifying referrals and can order the 22" onyx black rims as a reward.

Just wondering when you select/order a referral award, does that reset your referral awards back to zero or u keep stacking them up?

I'm asking bc I'd like to attend a future unveiling event but that needs 5 qualifying referrals I think.

Did you get all 3 referrals in the same quarter?

I got referrals #2&3 in September but on the “My Rewards” page I only see option to redeem (another) Tesla Model S for Kids or the wall charger. The next reward is early access to SW updates... it seems totally skipped over the wheels which is what I want

Did you get all 3 referrals in the same quarter?

I got referrals #2&3 in September but on the “My Rewards” page I only see option to redeem (another) Tesla Model S for Kids or the wall charger. The next reward is early access to SW updates... it seems totally skipped over the wheels which is what I want

It shouldn't matter i think. You might want to call Tesla referral dept to clear it up

I suspect I know what happened... orders #2&3 were placed before the cutoff (Oct 4) and according to their rules they qualify for the previous programs rewards (where the wheels are at referral #4). BUT in current program, they moved the wheels to #3 which means even if I get another referral I’d just get the early access to software updates... completely skipping over the wheels. Seems messed up :/

Last edited:
I suspect I know what happened... orders #2&3 were placed before the cutoff (Oct 4) and according to their rules they qualify for the previous programs rewards (where the wheels are at referral #4). BUT in current program, they moved the wheels to #3 which means even if I get another referral I’d just get the early access to software updates... completely skipping over the wheels. Seems messed up :/

Not sure this is right but again, i would think Tesla referral dept can work it out to help u get the wheels

That was my first thought too. I was very lucky and got my 3rd referral just after the program changed to offer the wheels at number 3 instead of number 4. I think previously number 3 was a solar roof token, which would have been useless to me.