Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does requesting/suggesting Superchargers work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sure would be nice to fill in the big hole in the northern Wisconsin supercharging network with a site in or around Hayward. What's the best way to advocate for this? Does Tesla's charging team do outreach? Would it help to talk to businesses that might be good locations and ask them to talk to Tesla? Should I connect myself with the Wisconsin Tesla owners club?

I'm curious if others have had luck with location suggestions before.

The official Tesla Club of WI was asked by Tesla to poll club members, last year I believe, and many mentioned for northern WI locations. Tesla is aware of that black hole. but getting a Supercharger in any location is a ton of work to find a willing and able partner to accept Tesla's requirements for the location and understand the benefits of having a Supercharger. Example is the Door County Supercharger that has _finally_ started construction. That location has been coming soon since Tesla started building Superchargers it seems like.. Lots of locations fell through/backed out, lots of starts/stops.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian

You could fill in the form as Other Contact Type, or you could speak to businesses and if they show interested, ask them to fill it out.
I just filled in the form suggesting Lakeview, OR as "Other". I own no property to offer them there--just suggesting as a typical owner stymied by the long gap that would break. The form is clearly intended for property owners who want to host a Supercharger. When I completed the form it said I'll be hearing from someone. We'll see...

I just filled in the form suggesting Lakeview, OR as "Other". I own no property to offer them there--just suggesting as a typical owner stymied by the long gap that would break. The form is clearly intended for property owners who want to host a Supercharger. When I completed the form it said I'll be hearing from someone. We'll see...
I've been trying to get superchargers at the Tesla-certified body shop I work at in Chicago and it seems like a pain. We filled out that form a while ago and never got a response. I just filled it out again hopefully we will get some results. I even tried getting a 3rd party DC fast charger and all the companies just talk but never actually get to work. We would even be willing to purchase the charger upfront and everyone complicates everything. We are doing construction on a new repair facility and somehow the superchargers are the most complicated part.

I've been trying to get superchargers at the Tesla-certified body shop I work at in Chicago and it seems like a pain. We filled out that form a while ago and never got a response. I just filled it out again hopefully we will get some results. I even tried getting a 3rd party DC fast charger and all the companies just talk but never actually get to work. We would even be willing to purchase the charger upfront and everyone complicates everything. We are doing construction on a new repair facility and somehow the superchargers are the most complicated part.
Looks like not taking SuperChargers, just "Destination" chargers.