Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does SpaceX explosion impact Tesla Motors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with this comment, it doesn't really matter if your just a customer.
No effects if you're a customer.

As an investor it seems there maybe "collateral" damage, so to speak. I haven't done an exhaustive analysis and tracked the share price with successful and unsuccessful launches, but IIRC it seems to be buoyed when spaceX does well in the recent past (as far as I've followed it). Now it seems, we see the opposite.

Just glad no lives lost.

SpaceX has been quite lucky so far. They did have a bunch of failures with the little rocket. "We were just babies" properly said Gwynne Shotwell, COO of SpaceX.
Even having 2 launch failures for all Falcon 9 successes, nobody killed is still quite lucky in my view vs how many launches they already accomplished. Only ULA did better, and one should argue that ULA wasn't really a new company, but rather a merge of a good chunk of Boeing/LockMart space divisions when they were formed.
Space is hard. Given how fast SpaceX is advancing the economics and performance of Falcon 9 and Dragon, its still quite an accomplishment so far.
Rockets must be quite fragile in order to get to space at all. There's no way around it until we discover new laws of physics that allow for launches that need much less fuel.
Hopefully they will now have a 20 picture perfect launch stride.

Reactions: jkn