TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How does Tesla handle 3rd party financing who deposit money in your own account?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by welcomewagon, Aug 22, 2018.

1. welcomewagon

welcomewagon Member

Ordered a Tesla and am using 3rd party financing that deposits the entire amount into my account, so I would be paying the financed amount plus my down payment directly to Tesla. When I log in to MyTesla, the payment portal only allows me to pay my down payment amount. It shows a line item for the financed amount, but won't let me pay it.

I've reached out to my DS, but haven't heard back. Just wondering if others in this situation have paid the entire amount in the portal, or if you have to send a cashiers check or something for the financed amount.

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

They'll take a personal check. Or at least they did when I bought my P85+.

You can do a bank check or cashier's check if you want.

Like they told me "We know where to find you".

• Like x 1
  3. welcomewagon

welcomewagon Member

My only option at the moment is the payment portal on the website, which is fine with me as I have the money in the account. But they wont ship my car to Texas until its paid, and they literally won't let me pay them. Frustrating.

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Oh, that's different. Can't help you there. Good luck!

5. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

talk to ur OA or DS and explain to them. Usually the ACH payment option only exists when you tell them you are paying cash. Or they can give you where to send the check and just do billpay and have them send a bank check to tesla in fremont.

• Informative x 1
  6. welcomewagon

welcomewagon Member

Yes, still waiting to hear from DS. Planning to just send one big wire transfer though. Seems the easiest option.

7. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

A few days before your scheduled pickup, you are offered an ACH bank transfer option on the Tesla web site. Easier, faster and free.

• Like x 1
  8. mucanta

mucanta Member

Same here, I do not see the ACH yet but my DS told me that it will show up close to delivery.

• Like x 2
  9. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Member

We did the ach method and it proved to be quick and painless. Not counting the part where a large sum of money left our account instantly.

• Like x 1
  10. welcomewagon

welcomewagon Member

Not in Texas. They won’t even ship the car without full payment.

11. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

If your loan goes directly into your account, I believe you don't have to tell them you're getting a loan; you can just say that you're paying cash.

Unless the lender requires something funny.

If Tesla titles the car to you and the lender needs the title you can always sign over the title to the lender later.

• Like x 1