Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does Tesla ship cars Fremont to East Coast USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truck? Train? Where are the depots if any?
For train freight, on Google map if you enter: Union Pacific, Parc Metro East, 330 curtis Avenue, Milpitas, CA 95035
you will find a big car shipping depot, about 8 miles from the Fremont Tesla factory.

Note: The previous NUMMI (New United Motor Manufacturing) factory was using directly freight trains (noticeable on this picture).
However Tesla decided to use the ground to build those famous tents used for the Model 3 manufacturing line.

Last edited:
Reactions: RubberToe
Tesla vehicles are shipped east by rail to Birmingham, Al before being loaded on car carriers.

Yep, just down the street from me. So many Teslas. I’m going to start driving by the depot next week to see if I spot any refreshed S or X’s.

I saw my current S sitting there then they put it on a truck and shipped it 250 miles to Atlanta to which I had to drive to take delivery .. doh!

Reactions: Mike-3
Yep, just down the street from me. So many Teslas. I’m going to start driving by the depot next week to see if I spot any refreshed S or X’s.

I saw my current S sitting there then they put it on a truck and shipped it 250 miles to Atlanta to which I had to drive to take delivery .. doh!

I will need to let you know when my MYP is shipped. Maybe I could go by there and see it.

• Funny
Reactions: zh2oson
Are you sure about that? Mine was delayed again and I only found out yesterday after contacting them lol
Positive. I’ve been texting them daily since before it got pushed back. They called me yesterday and said I could get it today, but I’m working… so tomorrow it is. Today the app made me finalize the documents. I’m ready for pickup tomorrow at 10am. Hopefully there are no issues with the car and I can be on my way, finally. 👍🏻

Reactions: Scrotty
For train freight, on Google map if you enter: Union Pacific, Parc Metro East, 330 curtis Avenue, Milpitas, CA 95035
you will find a big car shipping depot, about 8 miles from the Fremont Tesla factory.

Note: The previous NUMMI (New United Motor Manufacturing) factory was using directly freight trains (noticeable on this picture).
However Tesla decided to use the ground to build those famous tents used for the Model 3 manufacturing line.

So if Tesla is not doing direct freight trains, how do the new Teslas get to the Union Pacific depot? My Fremont car only had 3 miles on it, so they're not driving each car down I-880 for the 8 miles to the depot.