TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How does the supercharger stand Inma?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by vigge50, Sep 11, 2017.

1. vigge50

vigge50 Member

I read before the storm that while many gas stations in Florida was out of gas all supercharger except for Marathon and Myers was online, how is it now then the storm have reach Florida?

My thought go to them in Florida.

2. kort677

kort677 Banned

There is zero correlation between fuel stations and Superchargers
    Gas stations have supply issues which Superchargers are not subject to, most of the Superchargers in fla are not in flood zones, the only problems are when electricity power is offline in the area where the Superchargers are located

• Informative x 1
  3. vigge50

vigge50 Member

That was what I thought about, you can in the car se wish stations that is online so I was wondering if someone could check maybe?

4. kort677

kort677 Banned

I have little faith in what is and isn't being reported by the various units
    The only reports I'd have confidence in is actual hands on reports

5. FlyingCookie

FlyingCookie Member

My car insisted, for four hours, that the SuperCharger in Lake Charles, Louisiana was completely full with no slots available.

I got there and it was completely empty.

6. kort677

kort677 Banned

in defense of the system it is possible that when you queried it the place was full. one time I pulled into a SPC which was empty and 4 more cars pulled in within two minutes and 5 of the 6 stalls were now occupied. if you checked 5 minutes prior you'd be confounded that the place that showed empty was just about full. the system even if accurate just isn't really feasible to keep up with the randomness of usage.

7. FlyingCookie

FlyingCookie Member

It still said it was full after I was charging :rolleyes: It was just broken software that night. USUALLY it works okay, but it wasn’t working at that location that night.