Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Early is too Early to get the Y

How concerned are you about first production Model Y?

• I'll take the Y as soon as I can get it

Votes: 122 45.2%
  • I prefer Tesla practice building the Y a bit before make the purchase

Votes: 114 42.2%
  • I have not decided if I will take early production

Votes: 34 12.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my LR AWD Performance Y! I will be replacing my 2013 Model S 85, and I'm the original owner with 86,000 miles on it now. I debated waiting for a new S, but no new interior has appeared yet. I will definitely miss having a sunroof, but the Y should be fun for a change. We do have the 3 Performance, which is great. I'm not at all concerned about getting a Tesla early model. We got our first S in January of '13. There were very minor issues that were dealt with quickly. No big deal at all.

Just ordered my LR AWD Performance Y! I will be replacing my 2013 Model S 85, and I'm the original owner with 86,000 miles on it now. I debated waiting for a new S, but no new interior has appeared yet. I will definitely miss having a sunroof, but the Y should be fun for a change. We do have the 3 Performance, which is great. I'm not at all concerned about getting a Tesla early model. We got our first S in January of '13. There were very minor issues that were dealt with quickly. No big deal at all.
I remember watching the original Model S reveal and checking the forum every day to checkout feedback from early owners. Thank you very much for being an early supporter since without your support Tesla wouldn't have become what it is today.

I also just ordered the LR AWD Performance Y. With sightings becoming more frequent I figured it was time to get in line.

I have a low RN# cybertruck tri-motor reservation, but may drop it down to a dual motor since I am doing the performance model of the Y.

These would be my first teslas, looking forward to them.

Ordered. Replaces two cars that have both come off of lease. A model x (which we really really miss but want the plaid version) and a Chevy bolt (which we won’t miss at all).

if we can get away with our remaining “tall” car for our elderly parents then will compare the model y and model x plaid.

otherwise a model y because it’s taker and easier for elderly parents to enter.

If we didn’t have that constraint there is so much to choose from. In the coming years!

Ordered my Model Y LR AWD earlier this week. Totally agree with the fact that they got this down now. Even when there were issues, they offered owners many options. With cutting edge tech like this, I'm expecting some bumps along the road. What I find fascinating is that they keep pushing themselves to create change and improve what appears to be everyday.

Ordered my Model Y LR AWD earlier this week. Totally agree with the fact that they got this down now. Even when there were issues, they offered owners many options. With cutting edge tech like this, I'm expecting some bumps along the road. What I find fascinating is that they keep pushing themselves to create change and improve what appears to be everyday.

BTW Since you just ordered it, it's highly unlikely you'll get anything approaching an early build unit.