Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Early is too Early to get the Y

How concerned are you about first production Model Y?

• I'll take the Y as soon as I can get it

Votes: 122 45.2%
  • I prefer Tesla practice building the Y a bit before make the purchase

Votes: 114 42.2%
  • I have not decided if I will take early production

Votes: 34 12.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our timeline will be to start thinking about buying a new car in the Spring of 2021. By then the wife's minivan will be ready to be replaced (nearing 200,000 around that time), and she is interested in checking it out once they are in the wild. She won't 100% commit yet, but at least she will give it a look when the time comes.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Ordered to replace my Model 3 LR RWD. No problems last winter in the snow and I don't really care about the performance version.
I have a fairly early VIN 89XX and it was perfect. Looking for an early Model Y to maximize the trade in value of the 3.

Ordered to replace my Model 3 LR RWD. No problems last winter in the snow and I don't really care about the performance version.
I have a fairly early VIN 89XX and it was perfect. Looking for an early Model Y to maximize the trade in value of the 3.

do you mind sharing your battery degradation % and what your real world wh/mi is? That way people like me who is getting into Tesla for first time can have a rough estimate on similar configuration car? Thank you!

do you mind sharing your battery degradation % and what your real world wh/mi is? That way people like me who is getting into Tesla for first time can have a rough estimate on similar configuration car? Thank you!
Last full charge was 318 miles at 18k miles. When I first got the car Tesla stated range was 310 miles for a long range RWD model.
Tesla announced owners would get an upgrade to 325 miles which happened to some but probably a minority of owners with this configuration.
I charge to 80% daily and have never super charged. Use 18" aeros for my winter tires and 18" turbine wheel the rest of the year. Overall WH/mi is 255 with winter averaging much higher.
Even temperatures in the 50's affect range..