Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How efficient can you get!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Short drive and hit my new record!

Efficiency1.jpg

If i could drive like this, that would work out at around 900 mile range (SR+)

ps - it was down hill!....... :D

Model 3 owner of three weeks here. Did a bit of a road-trip holiday and over 720 miles, I managed 257Wh/mi.. but most of that was motorway, and most of the mileage was on Navigate on Autopilot. Not sure yet whether that's good, or decidedly average.. but it had me on 111% efficiency with a projected 347 miles, so it left me happy!

257Wh/mile is 111% efficiency / 347 miles? 100% efficiency for us (LR AWD) is approx 220Wh/mile so not sure why the discrepancy.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts about efficiency when driving on AP vs manual. Seems like its one area where there should be user setting to control acceleration when on AP - not sure if its covered by what we already have.

Grantham SC to Teesside today and it told us we would reach home with 11% left. I had AP on 70mph for almost the entire journey and arrived home with 20% left. I'm finding the Energy management charts useful in helping me improve range. Is this kind of underestimate by the car typical of everyone else?