Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How far ahead do Tesla need part ex details?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening, new here so please be gentle.
As it says above I have just placed an order for a model 3 (blue) and have a few questions 're the process.

I plan to part ex a vehicle as part of the deal along with approx 10k cash, I will then use a tesla loan for the remainder. I have followed the process on my account and it's asking for part ex details now.
I have a delivery date in March so can I wait a while before inputting the details? It also wants to go through the financing now, again can I do this nearer the time?

And yes I know I should have ordered yesterday and saved a grand :(

Cheers

Welcome. Just go with the flow as to keep it rolling. Its an annoying and sometimes unreasonable automated service. Just keep satisfying what they/the robot asks and you will be ok. Albeit, im inclined to say that your part ex figure will change from now until then.

Thank you for the reply, I will take some pictures in daylight tomorrow and send them off, I just don't really want to start down the finance route just yet as I'm just clearing one car loan and would like a few months between searches etc. If that makes sense

I nearly got caught out with Teslas' P Ex system. My MOT on my P Ex expired a few weeks after my Tesla pick up date. Not my problem, I thought. Wrong! Tesla sent me a text two days before my pick up, telling me they couldn't accept my P Ex, as it had less than two months MOT. Have you tried getting a MOT immediately? My independent local luckily squeezed me in, otherwise I would have had to find £9k in short order.

Although last year was crazy I arranged Part-Ex for my 2009 Volvo and they offered £2k in May.
Come September they stuck to the valuation and accepted trade-in on collection day even though the Volvo MOT was due the week after!
I did ask about MOT status and was told that it didn't matter although legally I wouldn't have been able to drive it to the collection point if it had expired before collection.
I'd already changed to monthly road tax in June to make cancellation easier.
I know the valuation was peanuts but my previous Volvo at a similar age only got £2.5k from Volvo dealers so the Tesla £2k was "in the ballpark".

At present I have a Volvo V90 that I am selling privately . Approx 20k, I will be clearing the loan and have 10k ish towards a deposit. I really want to clear the loan so when Tesla do a financial check it will show as cleared.
The problem is I have a delivery date in March, luckily my partner is swapping her car in a few days so I am taking her old battered I10 on for a few months, it's in the process of transferring into my name and will be part exchanged for the model 3. If I get a grand for it I will be happy :p

I selected cash and no trade in as I was planning on selling my car before hand and was concerned about the figures shown on the Tesla website, specifically around PCP (still am).

Placed my order in Aug and have a delivery date of Dec 8th. I only started my trade in valuation with them a few days ago, got a price straight away which was a bit more than they had offered me back in Aug (£6k more actually), so accepted and took the required photo's etc and had a final offer yesterday, same price. The only thing is that they want a photo of my settlement figure from my current finance company, which I obviously don't have and I assume this is because I have not selected a finance option with them, which I'll likely do as I'm limited for other options at the moment.

I'm just hopeful they can apply a slightly lower annual mileage allowance and a slightly higher deposit amount in order to bring the monthly payments down a little. The website is limited to 10k annual mileage and around £16k deposit, but thats another story...

I spoke to an adviser some time ago and they said so long as they had 1 week's notice everything would be fine, in terms of arranging finance and trade in etc, but it's worth a brief call to put mind at rest.

I selected cash and no trade in as I was planning on selling my car before hand and was concerned about the figures shown on the Tesla website, specifically around PCP (still am).

Placed my order in Aug and have a delivery date of Dec 8th. I only started my trade in valuation with them a few days ago, got a price straight away which was a bit more than they had offered me back in Aug (£6k more actually), so accepted and took the required photo's etc and had a final offer yesterday, same price. The only thing is that they want a photo of my settlement figure from my current finance company, which I obviously don't have and I assume this is because I have not selected a finance option with them, which I'll likely do as I'm limited for other options at the moment.

I'm just hopeful they can apply a slightly lower annual mileage allowance and a slightly higher deposit amount in order to bring the monthly payments down a little. The website is limited to 10k annual mileage and around £16k deposit, but thats another story...

I spoke to an adviser some time ago and they said so long as they had 1 week's notice everything would be fine, in terms of arranging finance and trade in etc, but it's worth a brief call to put mind at rest.

Well I have just sent off pictures of the part exchange, so will see what they come back with. I will hold off for a while on the finance details for a bit to give time for my last loan be be paid off and cleared.

I have been thinking of ordering an M3 for a while now, and thought I had all finances sorted in my head 're payments. Then they increased the price. Not massive but annoying all the same. Serves me right for delaying I suppose

Reactions: plisken