Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How far ahead should I order?

ch1zzle

2022 MYP | MSM | B/W Interior | OD 9/21
Sep 7, 2021
San Francisco
I currently have a lease ending in March 2022 and see the EDD on Tesla’s site for my build is February. I’m trying to avoid have 2 cars at once, so would ideally take delivery for the MY sometime in late February or early/mid March.

Is there any harm in placing order now, and if I get a VIN ahead of time, pushing back the delivery a few weeks? I heard they allow you to hold delivery for 60 days, is that true?

That seems like a good plan. What you've heard is what I was told at our local Tesla store about pushing out a delivery.

It is unlikely they'll get their act together super quickly and see much sooner delivery times. All that could change once Texas starts building cars. They might get caught up faster.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC