Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Far can you move the Middle Seat Forward?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nev&Co

X60D MC Red. Delivered 12/30/2016
Oct 20, 2016
California
I was moving the second row seats in my AP2 7-seater X yesterday and realized that the middle seat doesn't move as forward as the outboard seats when I try moving them on the touchscreen. I searched for some old posts and it seems like this was a common case but the middle seat was able to move as forward as the other seats after a certain software update. So is this an issue or is it normal for the AP2 X?

I was moving the second row seats in my AP2 7-seater X yesterday and realized that the middle seat doesn't move as forward as the outboard seats when I try moving them on the touchscreen. I searched for some old posts and it seems like this was a common case but the middle seat was able to move as forward as the other seats after a certain software update. So is this an issue or is it normal for the AP2 X?

I have a mere AP1 car, but there are a couple of things to try:

1. Make sure to use the touchscreen (not the round button under the middle seat) seems you are already doing that.
2. Hold the screen button until the middle seat is all the way forward.
3. If it doesn't go all the way forward, move it (and possibly the rest of 2nd row) all the way back and try to move the outboards and then the middle all the way forward from the main screen again.

Hope this helps! Happy New Year!

I have a mere AP1 car, but there are a couple of things to try:

1. Make sure to use the touchscreen (not the round button under the middle seat) seems you are already doing that.
2. Hold the screen button until the middle seat is all the way forward.
3. If it doesn't go all the way forward, move it (and possibly the rest of 2nd row) all the way back and try to move the outboards and then the middle all the way forward from the main screen again.

Hope this helps! Happy New Year!
Thanks for the advice and somehow the problem resolved on its own :)
A good start for 2017 and happy new year!