Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How far will current selling prices fall after Jan. 1 ?

How much will 2022 MY & MYP prices fall when Federal Rebates resume Jan. 1 ?

• $2k - $3k

• $4k - $5k

• $6k -$7k

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the January 1 tax incentives starting, I don’t see Model 3 or Y prices falling quickly. They could actually go up further. Expect longer range for slightly more money , so that the average sales price continues to go up.

Historically , the value of your car falls 15 - 20% the moment you drive it off the lot.

Reactions: cdub and Yelobird
This is an interesting point. I know the value of my leaf dropped like a stone when I bought it in 2011 because of the federal tax credit. (And because it's a leaf 🤣) It was ~$40k but I paid around $24k with all credits.

I think the used prices will definitely drop. I'm curious as well about the new prices. I don't think they can raise prices anymore. They're not worth that much. It's insanely high as it is.

I have a blue Model Y 7 seater on order and it's $69k. Without FSD. Insane. Ready in December but since when I ordered it said March I'm going to hold off on delivery as long as I can you get credit. I wonder what will happen with the prices

Hate to tell you this and congrats on the new car, but the second you drove your new MYP home it isn’t worth more than $45-50k at this time.

This is exceptionally misleading. Is the only way you’re capable of disposing of a car taking it to a dealer for trade and letting them do whatever they want with you?

KBB lists a hypothetical ‘22 MYP with 5,000 miles and regular options (i.e. no FSD) at $58-62k for trade-in. Even if that’s a full 20% optimistic (it’s not), it’s still over your $45-50k range.

This is hilariously wrong. Is the only way you’re capable of disposing of a car taking it to a dealer for trade and letting them do whatever they want with you?

KBB lists a hypothetical ‘22 MYP with 5,000 miles and regular options (i.e. no FSD) at $58-62k for trade-in. Even if that’s 20% optimistic (it’s not), it’s still over your $45-50k range.
Not at all. I have my sources that I use and they have actually paid me more than what the MYLR was worth when I sold it to upgrade to the MYP. You have to factor where your located too. I’m in the Midwest so our prices will be different here than most.

Not at all. I have my sources that I use and they have actually paid me more than what the MYLR was worth when I sold it to upgrade to the MYP. You have to factor where your located too. I’m in the Midwest so our prices will be different here than most.

Look up pricing in your area by any means you prefer. If your “sources” told you your car is only worth $45k, you’re getting fleeced.

Reactions: WyoDude
Here comes the moving of the goalposts… casually mentioning that you’re talking about a car with 5-10 times the number of expected miles for a “brand new car” like @lionzer26125 was taking about. 😆
Yeah…. Lionzer is also the example of only sharing Half of the details to provide an exciting (BS FoMo) story. He Bought a USED 2021 MY with 25k miles on it with FSD. The Other half of the data.

Reactions: ucmndd
LOL, prices are only gonna go up after Jan 1 my friend. Zero chance they drop. Zero..

I think this is foolish. Interest rates are high and lead times on vehicles have dropped substantially. If we get near a recession Tesla will be forced to drop prices. That being said I don't think it's going to come down dramatically. I'm predicting for Model Y they will offer a 4680 standard range version at around 55k and reduce the LR to 60k..

Reactions: cdub
Here comes the moving of the goalposts… casually mentioning that you’re talking about a car with 5-10 times the number of expected miles for a “brand new car” like @lionzer26125 was taking about. 😆

He didn’t say friend. He said he Knows a guy that knows a guy and they are “sources”. Lol.

Yeah…. Lionzer is also the example of only sharing Half of the details to provide an exciting (BS FoMo) story. He Bought a USED 2021 MY with 25k miles on it with FSD. The Other half of the data.

My full details are that my car is a MYP 2021 red with the white interior. It is the performance version. It did come with FSD. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Check out this deal