Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How far will current selling prices fall after Jan. 1 ?

How much will 2022 MY & MYP prices fall when Federal Rebates resume Jan. 1 ?

• $2k - $3k

• $4k - $5k

• $6k -$7k

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from pissing off those who just took delivery -- anybody who ordered but has not taken delivery will no doubt cancel or demand the new price -- this is also a hit for all current Tesla owners, who will now see a big drop in the used price of your car when you are ready to sell it.

A few months ago, used cars were hard to find and you could sell your 3-year-old Tesla for more than you paid for it. Now, with a new one at this price, and a ready supply, the drop in value of my used Tesla is pretty painful. Of course, had I sold it back then, I would have to have replaced it with other than a Tesla since those had a 5 month wait for delivery.
Why? If you have an order and have not taken delivery you Get the new price. Would be crazy to cancel now. Don’t recall getting a revised price when I ordered our Ford Flex……

I am waiting for the performance version to become eligible for the tax break to get out of my 2020 MY. It's got FSD so hopefully I will be able to get a bit more in the used market if I sell privately + the equity. I got mine before any of the crazy price increases so I have quite of bit of equity in it.

How far used prices will fall is anybody's guess but with the massive price drop and federal tax credit, I expect significant downward pressure on used prices now.
It could not be otherwise. If you can get a new MYLR for $54K and get a $7500 tax credit on it plus possible state credits to get it under $45,000 nobody is going to pay close to that for your used vehicle of similar or lesser specs, and they were paying more than that a few months ago.

Indeed, in hindsight the best plan was to sell your car last year for a fat price, drive anything else until now and pick up that M3P or MYLR today new. Though you would lose radar and ultrasonics and if you really wanted FSD, you would not get much for it when you sold it and have to pay $15K to get it back, so that wouldn't be worthwhile for you.