Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How fast did Model S ruin you for ICE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took about two months after getting my S to decide to sell my "fun" car, an SL55 AMG. It just seemed too primitive, and even with 500 hp or so, it wasn't as fast as my 85D.

I'd still like a grand touring convertible, but now it has to be electric. Something to look forward to.

Good points. The size/weight of the MS is the only thing I don't like about it. I'm sure it contributes to the smoothness, quiet, rock solid feel, etc. but it is not nimble. That issue is enough to create a little itch for me to own a "weekend car" such as an F-car or Porsche GT3.
It took a while (a few months of steady driving) before I fully adjusted to the size difference between the S and my last car. Now, I am much more relaxed, there was some real white-knuckle driving on my part when I first picked the car up!

Funny.. I drive my E39 M5 regularly and still enjoy every minute of it! Both cars are beasts and a privilege to drive.

I may be coming back around Hank - could have just been my initial reaction to being back in an ICE. I took the M5 to mid coast Maine over the week end and enjoyed the drive. Of course "spring" came in with a few inches of snow so the M5 is back in the garage and I'm driving the Model S.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Every time I bought a new car I would immediately start thinking about what its replacement would be.

Now I dont ... and actually that has taken a bit of fun out of things.
Everything I look at is just meh.

About the only thing that has tickled my curiosity is a Lotus Evora Sport 410, someting light and agile and just about usable.