Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How fo fix all of the problems with Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is a a game changer. A revolutionary. A disrupter. This exact moment is the time to either claim that high ground, partner with their customers, and set new standards. Don't be the "norm". If software is released before it is finished, a.k.a. beta, at least ellicit some kind of response that is listened to. Engage your users.
I love Tesla. I don't want them to fail. I don't spent my time and effort on Comcast forums bitching because, well, screw them. Tesla is teetering on the verge of awesome, and I feel they're tipping the wong way. They read this site. I hope they can learn from it.

Nope. They're not. This event proves that is just hype. Despite all the grandiose claims, they are just like everyone else...they are expected to validate systems before they sell them. That is the heart of the failure here. They don't want to make a press release announcing the data shows AP1.0 isn't safer than a human because then it will be on every news site for 2 days.

The reality is that our society does not tolerate untested products putting consumers at risk...that is the reason we allow the often fallible tort system to persist.

I would even wonder if there has been another fatality related to the system. That would match the previous situation where they started the countermeasures before the news came out of the accident.

Reactions: Andyw2100
I was about to reply to a comment (on page 3) but then realized this thread has morphed into 5 pages and counting. :(
So yes Tesla seems to have the legal right to take away some abilities of AP. I do not dispute this. Personally being pretty agreeable to Tesla adding/subtracting via updates I may be called a fanboy. :(
The title of this thread
How fo fix all of the problems with Autopilot
Yes, fo :) is simply to let Tesla work it out adn trust them There really isn't any other choice

I can't tell if your question is sincere.

Consumer risk includes cases where the car does something that contributes to an accident. I'm sure you aren't expecting me to explain why the government formed NHTSA...so I'm not sure I understand your point or point of confusion.

If you just want to say all driving is dangerous and this driving is no more or less dangerous...obviously that is the debate featured here.

I'm squarely in the camp that wants to keep AP in its 7.1 form, but your line of thinking could have been applied in opposition to any of the last 50 decades of improvements in auto safety.