TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How frequent is everyone seeing 3s in the Seattle area?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ChrisH, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Over the weekend I saw three 3s (two white and a red) and saw another on Friday as well (MSM). Two of them were in the Lakeland Hills area of Auburn and the other two were on I-5 north and south in the fife area.

I am a bit surprised at seeing so many already with only $50,000+ versions being available thus far. Can’t fully imagine what it’s going to look like when more affordable versions are available.

It got me thinking that it is going to be grea to see so many cars being the 3 in the next few years. It’s going to be weird with only 5 colors and our cars looking like everyone else’s but is going to be amazing to see Musk’s master plan becoming a reality.

I was surprised to see that over half of people in a recent poll said they were considering an electric vehicle as their next vehicle. That surprised me quite a bit at this stage but makes me happy!

So, how often are you guys seeing 3s?

2. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Member

I'm seeing more 3's than Bolt's or 2018 Leafs around Western WA.

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

It is a rare day when I don't see at least one around Issaquah. My immediate neighborhood of about 80 houses has at least 6 already.

4. marksvend

marksvend Member

I usually see about 4-5 on just my morning commute from Issaquah to Seattle. There’s at least three owners in our Issaquah Highland development.

5. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Super exciting. I’m hoping to be one of the first in our development but I’m probably 10 months away so we will see what happens.

6. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

We're up in Edmonds, we have seen about 1 a day for the last couple of months, We've seen Blue, Red, Silver, Black and yesterday we saw white over in Woodenville. I've looked at Vin numbers when they've been parked, Highest so far was 19+K. No obvious fit issues with that one.

7. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

If you live in Milton, I'd say you have a good shot at being the first :)

8. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Haha. Used to. Live in Lakeland Hills in Auburn now. I think there are a couple that reside somewhere around here already but I don’t know for sure.

9. scottyd

scottyd Member

I think I’m now seeing more 3s than Model S on a given day. Impressive growth!

10. aromasca

aromasca Member

Redmond area is full of them.. with the 5k/wk ramp this car would be the new Outback of the PNW.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. MarkBrokeIt

MarkBrokeIt Supporting Member

Saw 3 today in one parking garage @ work.

12. RedMS

RedMS Member

Forester ;)

13. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

To the point where on a 20-30 min commute to work I typically see one or two.

I expect that to double within the next 2-3 months.

14. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Yeah the spread is much more than I expected without the standard battery being available yet. We are going to be the new Prius. At least the 3 looks much better ;)

15. RVD98072

RVD98072 Member

I see 5-10 per day but I work in tech where there are many Tesla owners (the majority of electric vehicles where I work).

16. donv

donv Member

In Portland (I know, not what you were asking) I see them all the time. Multiple sightings every day.

17. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yup. See at least 3 or 4 every time I'm out anywhere.

18. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I see at least 4 per day from Sammamish to Kirkland. I almost got in the wrong one today.

Attached Files:

• Funny x 1
  19. alloverx

alloverx Member

Yep they are around on the eastside for sure. Maybe see one every couple of days.

20. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Lol nice.