Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How good are the LED headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no first hand info. But I think it's fair to say that it would have been difficult to notice any details about pattern, intensity and color at the unveil event due to how much light pollution was in the area (street lighting, event lighting 'movie-premier' spotlights, etc). I also think it's quite possible that those details were not dialed in for the premier and of course will be in the next 18 months.
I'm curious to see the final answer also. I think a car's headlights can communicate a lot about the style and design.

In the M3 test ride videos I could not clearly see the headlight pattern on the road. Any first hand info on how well they work (pattern, intensity, & color)?

From how it looks in the videos the headlights were not functioning, they had some light on but as you say there was no focused beam on the road at all, despite the headlights appearing quite bright. I guess they are not finished yet - which is totally fine, and understandable!