Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How good was your CPO deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome thread idea so kudos to you - I think about my model 3 reservation vs model S CPO almost daily lol

here is my question - I would love some informed feedback. How many miles is too many on a CPO? I know electric is a lot different than an ICE CPO - but my gut is telling me not to consider a Model S over 40,000 miles. I drive about 18-20k miles per year but if I was to purchase a CPO model S I would want it to last the 5 year finance term + some. Are we just expecting these model S CPO to last a lot longer than ICE cars?
I'm still waiting for my car so I can't attest to it but I must say I share the same worry and that's why I picked a car with a 4 yr warranty.
The good news about CPO cars is they recondition them before delivery so whatever the side effects of a high mileage car such as more chips and dents, cracked windshields, or interior wear, will be addressed. I think the consensus is electic mileage affects the car less than ICE mileage. And let's not fool ourselves that it doesn't matter. The key here is LESS.

Reactions: Hixson
2013, 34000 miles, $47500
85 kWh Performance Model S

EXTERIOR
Pearl White Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Wheels

INTERIOR
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor

PERFORMANCE
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

CHARGING
Free Supercharging
Twin Chargers

OPTIONS
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package

Only thing I'm fairly bummed about was finding out after the fact it doesn't have parking sensors (wife will be driving this quite often and they are a $5000(!) upgrade at the SC). Other than that, I feel like for the mileage I got a very nice deal.

2013, 34000 miles, $47500
85 kWh Performance Model S

EXTERIOR
Pearl White Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Wheels

INTERIOR
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor

PERFORMANCE
Carbon Fiber Spoiler

CHARGING
Free Supercharging
Twin Chargers

OPTIONS
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package

Only thing I'm fairly bummed about was finding out after the fact it doesn't have parking sensors (wife will be driving this quite often and they are a $5000(!) upgrade at the SC). Other than that, I feel like for the mileage I got a very nice deal.
How long is the warranty??

How do you know it's a good deal? Do you use kbb?

there was a flood of used cars that got added to Tesla site about 2 weeks ago, those were probably the best deals people have seen outside of private party sells. there were a bunch of P85's for $40-45k and lot of 60/85 for under $40k and i even saw a P85 as low as 36k but with 90k miles on it or so.

How do you know it's a good deal? Do you use kbb?
From shopping for a tesla over the last year. If you are new to shopping them it will be hard to tell some what which is a good deal or not!. I don't think kbb is a good resource, especially lately when these fire sale cpo cars have been added in the mix. Some of them are great deals, some are good, and some are just normal average value. I am by no means an expert on this subject, but historically all these lower prices had been about 5-10k higher until a few weeks ago. Of corse the 4 yr warranty is also now 2 on most of these good deal cars. But all are to go through teslas reconditioning which extensive. A 40-50k cpo is a good deal!

Reactions: byeLT4
You have one with AP1 for $49000? I think we all have to bow down, lol. Congrats on such an amazing deal. The 70k miles probably is the reason why the price was so incredible. But who cares? They'll still cover it for 2 years.

Yep - I was super excited when I saw it and immediately put a deposit in. I think the lowest CPO AP1 car was 47k, so I will settle for second best price.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
We picked up a 2015 P85D for $75,500 which we felt was a very good price and was still under the traditional CPO warranty. Ordered 6/6 It is fully loaded except 21" wheels and the rear seats (neither of which we wanted). Based on the photos we got from the Advisor, the prior owner installed a center console as well, so that will save us having to retrofit that afterwards.

View attachment 232003
Have you checked whether you still have the option for the $5K Ludicrous retrofit? Some have reported that it was no longer limited to original owners.

Az_Rael great deal on that car! I have been looking at it for a while but am trying to hold out for one with Ludicrous. My advisor made it sound like it couldn't be added, however I know of a local CPO sold in December that was able to add it so not sure what the criteria is to be able to.

I was told that most of the cpo's are being pre conditioned at regional locations. This is supposed to speed up the process. The cars will be sold so Tesla is doing the preconditioning ahead of deposits being placed.
Just got off the phone with DS and delivery is this Sat!!!! Can't believe it turns out to be 11 days rather than 8-10 weeks. But the paranoid side is worried they didn't do a good job on reconditioning the car.

Reactions: JPUConn and byeLT4
Have you checked whether you still have the option for the $5K Ludicrous retrofit? Some have reported that it was no longer limited to original owners.

Az_Rael great deal on that car! I have been looking at it for a while but am trying to hold out for one with Ludicrous. My advisor made it sound like it couldn't be added, however I know of a local CPO sold in December that was able to add it so not sure what the criteria is to be able to.

We have not checked if it could be upgraded to L or not. I have heard that the $5k option is tied to the VIN not the owner, but who knows. I will ask the service center once we get it

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and No ICE
Just got off the phone with DS and delivery is this Sat!!!! Can't believe it turns out to be 11 days rather than 8-10 weeks. But the paranoid side is worried they didn't do a good job on reconditioning the car.

@KL670 What an AWESOME AWESOME (did I mention AWESOME) surprise. I hope the same thing happens to me. DS said I'm still 4 weeks away. Make sure to share your pickup experience and condition of car! Cant wait to see pics and hear more. Congrats again!

@KL670 What an AWESOME AWESOME (did I mention AWESOME) surprise. I hope the same thing happens to me. DS said I'm still 4 weeks away. Make sure to share your pickup experience and condition of car! Cant wait to see pics and hear more. Congrats again!
Thanks Black_P85!!! I'm totally stoked!! It might have been just a generic estimate but I found that weird anyway since the car was like 35 miles away from me to begin with!! Not a complaint at all. I just hope they didn't rush my car. Now I need to line up the whole credit union thing because they kept telling me to wait until further instructions. I did do some research and will be using USE credit union who offers 1.79 for 5 yrs. Pretty sweet rate. You have to be somehow local though. Well, I actually am not local but I went to college at Cal and somehow that counts. Weird.....
Will keep you posted.

It maybe a bit off topic but is 3G unbearable? The option to upgrade to LTE is $700. I'm debating.

I've spoke with a tech about this and they do not believe LTE upgrade will make a huge improvement on the older cars as its mainly the MCU processor that is holding back performance. I'm still on 3G and everything works just fine, just have to reboot the MCU when it starts to feel sluggish like any other computer.