TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

how green are you?

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by codagent, May 23, 2010.

1. codagent

codagent Member

It's a simple question asked to an interesting demographic (People interested in Tesla!!) I don't go out of my way to get eco friendly things, but I make sure to turn off my lights and everything like that ;) The only thing that I do that isn't very good for the environment and makes me feel a little guilty is drive cars for fun...every where..... I love the torque pushing you back into your seat....man..I..need..Tesla....

But once I finish college, I plan on getting a pretty damn green house with my GF. :p

2. mt2

mt2 Member

I don't go too far out of my way. There's simple things I do like getting Energy Star rated appliances and using compact florescent lights or LEDs instead of incandescent lights. Turning off the TV and lights when I leave a room, turning the thermostat down in Winter and up in Summer, and driving responsibly.

But there's a real chance that we might be moving to the Fort Worth, TX area in a couple years. We'll be looking for property and zoning that will allow a wind turbine and photovoltaics. We'd be installing a rain and gray water collection system. And I'd be looking into geothermal heating and cooling.

Oh, and we'll be getting a Model S.