Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How happy are you with your Martian wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to inquire about users feedback and review regarding Martian wheels. Please post the wheel size you purchased and if they achieve your goals? For me I am looking for increase acceleration and increase efficiency… also has anyone trying to put on the aero cap from a model y 18 in onto an MW03 18 inch?

1678811002709.png

Upvote 0
I wanted to inquire about users feedback and review regarding Martian wheels. Please post the wheel size you purchased and if they achieve your goals? For me I am looking for increase acceleration and increase efficiency… also has anyone trying to put on the aero cap from a model y 18 in onto an MW03 18 inch?
I got the 18 inch mw03 for my 2023 Myp. It took a couple months to get them because they were out of stock but they were definitely worth the wait. My expectations were exceeded as the ride comfort is way better now compared to the 21 inch uberturbine. The performance was similar as I got the all season pilot sport 4 tires. Some say it’s faster now but not enough for me to notice. The efficiency is improved dramatically as on my recent 230 mile trip it was 254 wh/mile in California weather going around 70 mph. It’s nice to have 58 remaining miles after a 230 mile trip on the MYP. Of course the cold weather and increased speed over 70 mph will lower efficiency

Upvote 0
Hey Jombolo - problem solved! (Although I took the nuclear approach vs. the long troubleshooting path).

Last week I took the car in to my tire guy, twice. His diagnosis was that it just sounds like super loud tire noise and didn’t seem localized to a specific tire - also nothing wrong with the wheels, and everything else seemed in order.

I wasn’t prepared to start replacing tires and troubleshooting further because honestly I need the car and I’ve already wasted a bunch of time on this, so I ended up just pulling the trigger on a set of Hankook ion evo’s.

Installed Friday and now the car is whisper quiet. I haven’t taken it for any long trips yet but super impressed by these tires - and wheels are now totally great.

End Result: Yes the Martian’s are amazing, yes I would recommend them - and absolutely pair them with a set of hankook evo ion’s. I’m now selling the old tires for cheap, big loss but it was worth my sanity.

Side note: it’s so quiet in the cabin now it feels unnatural, the car also feels very zippy and comfortable, overall I think ion evo’s and martians are the perfect match, super happy so far.

Here’s a random photo I took this morning, looking good - sorry the lighting isn’t the best.
Are your MW03's in Satin Black? I've got MSM as well and was leaning towards Satin Black. the Gunmetal looks great with MSM as well, but i wanted to differentiate between the paint and wheel color.

Upvote 0
If you plan to replace all 4 with an acoustic foam tire, take a look at Hankook Ion Evo AS SUV. They just came out and seem pretty promising, Check out here YouTube These will likely be my next tire. Discount Tire/America's Tire
yup, I am on my 3rd set of tires on my MX and I got those Hankook Ion AS SUV tires and they are by far the best ones I have had yet. Better than the original tires, better my last set of Pirelli tires. Good handling, quieter (as compared to the other ones when they were new). Glad I got them.

Reactions: jombolo
Upvote 0
yup, I am on my 3rd set of tires on my MX and I got those Hankook Ion AS SUV tires and they are by far the best ones I have had yet. Better than the original tires, better my last set of Pirelli tires. Good handling, quieter (as compared to the other ones when they were new). Glad I got them.
That is great to hear. I'm actually getting the Hankooks installed today on our 3. I just hope they can hold up long term. Continentals don't get close to their mileage warranty on our 3

Upvote 0
That is great to hear. I'm actually getting the Hankooks installed today on our 3. I just hope they can hold up long term. Continentals don't get close to their mileage warranty on our 3
yes, it seems very few people actually get the full mileage out of OEM tires. These Hankook tires have good tread depth, so should last much more mileage although I doubt they would get the rated 50K miles either.

Upvote 0
I got a set of 20" MW03's in bronze when they went on sale earlier this year. This set was going to be my summer wheels so I had to wait until a couple of days ago to install them when the weather is finally slightly over 45F. I was going to put standard sized Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for Induction wheels (255/40/R20) on these, but Discount Tire refused to sell them to me, citing that they do not have sufficient load rating for the Performance model (whatever, I guess they have liability concerns), so I had to go with 265/40/R20s. I guess just as well since these tires should provide slightly more rim protection and maybe a smidge more comfort. I've only had these on for a couple of days and the temps barely got up to 50F today, but so far they ride just fine. The efficiency doesn't seem any better than my stock Ubers with PS-AS4's so far, but I'll get a better idea as weather warms up. I do like the combination of bronze with blue, so I'm happy with the set.

438CC251-EA96-4AD6-B25E-83A51FA45638.jpeg
6CAF5B68-84CC-427A-A219-4CB3392A211F.jpeg
8A34FE60-1841-4F4E-9AB4-9EACDDCECA80.jpeg

Upvote 0
I got a set of 20" MW03's in bronze when they went on sale earlier this year. This set was going to be my summer wheels so I had to wait until a couple of days ago to install them when the weather is finally slightly over 45F. I was going to put standard sized Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for Induction wheels (255/40/R20) on these, but Discount Tire refused to sell them to me, citing that they do not have sufficient load rating for the Performance model (whatever, I guess they have liability concerns), so I had to go with 265/40/R20s. I guess just as well since these tires should provide slightly more rim protection and maybe a smidge more comfort. I've only had these on for a couple of days and the temps barely got up to 50F today, but so far they ride just fine. The efficiency doesn't seem any better than my stock Ubers with PS-AS4's so far, but I'll get a better idea as weather warms up. I do like the combination of bronze with blue, so I'm happy with the set.

Looks great! I assume these are the 9.5" wide versions, right?

Upvote 0
Any improvement in range?
No idea so far. Our weather has been cool (40-50s), but my consumption numbers seems to be worse compared to the Ubers/PS-AS4. I’m also running them at around 39 PSI cold, so that could be a factor. I’ll need the temps to be in the 60-70s to have a better idea. If it ends up actually being worse, it’ll probably be due to the wider (265) summer tires and less aerodynamic wheels.

Upvote 0