Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How happy are you with your Martian wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to inquire about users feedback and review regarding Martian wheels. Please post the wheel size you purchased and if they achieve your goals? For me I am looking for increase acceleration and increase efficiency… also has anyone trying to put on the aero cap from a model y 18 in onto an MW03 18 inch?

New Martian MW03 Wheels on my 2022 MYP. Will report on performance of wheels vs. the 21-inch staggered Überturbines they replace. Although, after just 30 plus miles, they seem quieter and slightly less harsh in road surface feedback.
20220708_133003 (1).jpg

Upvote 0
I'm glad I didn't buy from Martian Wheels, and instead went with some Tsportline TSV 19x8.5 rims. My Martian pre-order was delayed multiple times with different excuses given every time. Between multiple reports from pre-order purchasers being given different answers on the delays, claims of their rims resembling a flow-formed manufacturing process rather than fully forged, and 1000KG weight limits being notably above other verified-forged wheel manufacturers in the same target vehicle class, I canceled my pre-order with great comfort.

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking, but this is my plug to really do your research on this company around these forums and elsewhere to make sure you know what you're buying and what pitfalls you could be potentially setting yourself up for.

Upvote 1
I'm glad I didn't buy from Martian Wheels, and instead went with some Tsportline TSV 19x8.5 rims. My Martian pre-order was delayed multiple times with different excuses given every time. Between multiple reports from pre-order purchasers being given different answers on the delays, claims of their rims resembling a flow-formed manufacturing process rather than fully forged, and 1000KG weight limits being notably above other verified-forged wheel manufacturers in the same target vehicle class, I canceled my pre-order with great comfort.

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking, but this is my plug to really do your research on this company around these forums and elsewhere to make sure you know what you're buying and what pitfalls you could be potentially setting yourself up for.
they are outstanding wheels just watch Drew and Kyle in Out of spec and how they punish their martian wheels

Upvote 0
I’m thinking of replacing my 20” induction wheels on our 2020 LR Model Y with 18” Martian rims.. which tires do you have? I’m located in the SF Bay Area and am looking for All Season tires.
Nokian One 245 45 100V 18
One size bigger with higher load rating. Rides great. I also upgraded suspension with stock ride height

Reactions: RayB and DIRKULA
Upvote 0
Looks like you went from 19" Gemini's to 20" Martians? Can you provide some feedback on that switch? I'm thinking about doing the same thing when I get my Y. I ordered with Gemini's with the intention of upgrading to 20" aftermarket wheels. Was wh/m decrease super noticeable? Ride feel? Any other notes? TIY
I went from 21" ubertubines on my 2022 MY to 20" Martians, was super happy around town (way nicer/more forgiving) but also feeling vibration above 65mph on the freeway. I'm heading over to get them balanced today to see if that fixes the issue (for what it's worth, I had Martian mount and ship with tires, Michelin pilot sport AS4, only difference between standard Uberturbine and the Martian tires outside of the size, was the uberturbines have acoustic foam, whereas the Martians do not, my Uberturbines are quiet as at high speeds, but Martians are making noise / vibrating), hoping the balance fixes this issue. I dont notice it around town but super annoying on the freeway.
Side note: I had the Martians shipped with 255 40 R20, and they look a little small compared to the uberturbines (hard going from those huge monster uberturbines to anything smaller), If i was going to do it again i might have asked for the 275 40 R20's instead - i may get used to it though. The 255 40 R20 matches the front uberturbine wheel size, whereas the 275 40 R20 matches the rear uberturbine size (Martians are a square setup, whereas uberturbines are not).

Upvote 0
I went from 21" ubertubines on my 2022 MY to 20" Martians, was super happy around town (way nicer/more forgiving) but also feeling vibration above 65mph on the freeway. I'm heading over to get them balanced today to see if that fixes the issue (for what it's worth, I had Martian mount and ship with tires, Michelin pilot sport AS4, only difference between standard Uberturbine and the Martian tires outside of the size, was the uberturbines have acoustic foam, whereas the Martians do not, my Uberturbines are quiet as at high speeds, but Martians are making noise / vibrating), hoping the balance fixes this issue. I dont notice it around town but super annoying on the freeway.
Side note: I had the Martians shipped with 255 40 R20, and they look a little small compared to the uberturbines (hard going from those huge monster uberturbines to anything smaller), If i was going to do it again i might have asked for the 275 40 R20's instead - i may get used to it though. The 255 40 R20 matches the front uberturbine wheel size, whereas the 275 40 R20 matches the rear uberturbine size (Martians are a square setup, whereas uberturbines are not).
Thank you for this. How long have you had the Martians? Let me know how the re-balancing resolves the vibration. Also, post a pic when you get a chance?

Upvote 0
Thank you for this. How long have you had the Martians? Let me know how the re-balancing resolves the vibration. Also, post a pic when you get a chance?
Dropped the Martians off earlier today, picking up tomorrow morning - will send through a pic or two and update when they're back on the car tomorrow afternoon.
I bought them on 4/25/22, and they were delivered 7/16/22 - I will say that Drew from Martian wheels was super communicative during the delay in shipping at that time. I think I had them on the car for about 2000 miles from the 7/16 until about Nov but swapped back to the Uberturbines after doing a few longer trips and not liking the feel at high speed.
My tire guy thinks it could be because the tires on the Martians dont have acoustic foam (Pilot sport 4 AS, same as uberturbines), but i'm not sold, I had similar tires, non acoustic, on a previous car (Audi S4 with 19 inch oem rims and Pilot Sport AS 3) and they didn't vibrate / have noise, ever, it was obviously an ICE though so more noise all-round but this is way too noticeable.

• Funny
Reactions: Biggus
Upvote 0
Dropped the Martians off earlier today, picking up tomorrow morning - will send through a pic or two and update when they're back on the car tomorrow afternoon.
I bought them on 4/25/22, and they were delivered 7/16/22 - I will say that Drew from Martian wheels was super communicative during the delay in shipping at that time. I think I had them on the car for about 2000 miles from the 7/16 until about Nov but swapped back to the Uberturbines after doing a few longer trips and not liking the feel at high speed.
My tire guy thinks it could be because the tires on the Martians dont have acoustic foam (Pilot sport 4 AS, same as uberturbines), but i'm not sold, I had similar tires, non acoustic, on a previous car (Audi S4 with 19 inch oem rims and Pilot Sport AS 3) and they didn't vibrate / have noise, ever, it was obviously an ICE though so more noise all-round but this is way too noticeable.
There is no reason a non-foam tire would cause vibration. I have non-foam acoustic tires on my T-Sportline wheels and there is absolutely no vibration. There is no logic there, by that logic, any wheel setup w/o foam would have a vibration.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure your Ubertubrine's are 21" therefore the front tires on your Uberturbine's won't fit your Martian 20"s

Upvote 0
There is no reason a non-foam tire would cause vibration. I have non-foam acoustic tires on my T-Sportline wheels and there is absolutely no vibration. There is no logic there, by that logic, any wheel setup w/o foam would have a vibration.
Yeah just to be clear - it wasnt really a vibration perse, it was more of a wha wha wha wha tire noise that was vibrating in my head :)
Turns out the wheels did need balancing, have them back on the car and its much better - but still more tire noise than my acoustic foam uberturbine 21"

• Funny
Reactions: Biggus
Upvote 0
Pretty sure your Ubertubrine's are 21" therefore the front tires on your Uberturbine's won't fit your Martian 20"s
lol I wasn't proposing to use tires off my Uberturbines, they're R21 and will _not_ fit r20 martians. I was just thinking if I did it again I would have ordered the Martian wheels with 275/40-20 instead of 255/40-20 (both recommended sizes for the Martian 20"). The 255/40's I have look a little small (they match the diameter of the uberturbines on the front at around 720 revs/mile), whereas the 275/40's match the diameter of the rear uberturbines (at 704 revs/mile) - I know, its confusing, but the 255/40-20's just seem like baby tires with the smaller diameter, i like a beefier look tbh.

Upvote 0