Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Happy Are You With Your Tesla?

How happy are you with your Tesla?

• 100%

• 90%

• 80%

• 70%

• 60%

• 50%

• Below 50%

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yoona

NEWBIE Trader
May 3, 2017
Canada
Tesla, Porsche top Consumer Reports automotive satisfaction survey

The full list (owner satisfaction scores out of 100):

1. Tesla (90)

2. Porsche (85)

3. Genesis (81)

4. Chrysler (78)

5. Audi (76)

6. Mazda (76)

7. Subaru (76)

8. Toyota (76)

9. Honda (75)

10. Lincoln (75)

11. Mini (73)

12. Ram (73)

13. Kia (72)

14. Chevrolet (72)

15. BMW (72)

16. GMC (72)

17. Ford (70)

18. Lexus (70)

19. Volvo (69)

20. Dodge (68)

21. Jeep (68)

22. Mercedes-Benz (67)

23. Volkswagen (67)

24. Hyundai (67)

25. Buick (66)

26. Cadillac (64)

27. Infiniti (60)

28. Mitsubishi (58)

29. Nissan (58)

30. Acura (58)

Great hardware - acceleration, range, less maintenance, ...

Underperforming on software - behind on promises for AP2, unpredictable software releases, releases distributed with obvious bugs & major design flaws, and while the user interface looks great on the displays the overall software functionality is falling further and further behind other manufacturers in most areas

IMG_3176.PNG
If Audi works really hard it might catch up in customer satisfaction to the glorious Chrysler Corporation. Its achievements live on in my high school memories. Nothing like minivan sex with your sweetie while ditching 4th period to help you forget that dear ole' dad just had to replace the transmission for the 4th time.

I answered 90 but that is sort of an unfair answer. I don't consider this car a "regular" car. IMO, it is so much better than anything I have ever owned that if I measured it as a regular car, the answer is 150%, however, I hold this car to a different standard.

With the exception of a few minor fit and finish issues, this car is perfect. I don't EVER see myself going back to an ICE car of any kind.

Great hardware - acceleration, range, less maintenance, ...

Underperforming on software - behind on promises for AP2, unpredictable software releases, releases distributed with obvious bugs & major design flaws, and while the user interface looks great on the displays the overall software functionality is falling further and further behind other manufacturers in most areas

Can’t say much on the rest, but unpredictable software releases? For the last several months, they’ve released a new update every 2 weeks(hence why the version numbers have gone .42, .44, .46, .48, .50).

Reactions: arcus
Can’t say much on the rest, but unpredictable software releases? For the last several months, they’ve released a new update every 2 weeks(hence why the version numbers have gone .42, .44, .46, .48, .50).
Not sure what the complaint is here.
Are you complaining that they update the software too frequently? ... or not frequently enough? ... or not on a set schedule?
What other car gets software updates... ever.

I'm surprised that Consumers Reports published these results. The magazine is so negative on Tesla that these results confirm my opinion that Consumer Reports is a worthless source of information for any product.

My Model S is the finest product of any kind that I've ever owned. Consumer Reports is at the opposite end of that spectrum.
Consumer reports prides itself on objective reviews and for the most part, I think they are. In the past they have said some critical things about Tesla and some people took that personally.

Consumer reports prides itself on objective reviews and for the most part, I think they are. In the past they have said some critical things about Tesla and some people took that personally.
Yes, there's no question that they love themselves. My opinion is based on purchases and use of many products, not just Tesla. Several products that they rave about, especially bicycle gear, have been the worst I've ever owned. I canceled my subscription long ago, but I still learn about products that they recommend and products they hate. I limit my purchases to the ones they hate. That strategy has served me well for several years.

Yes, there's no question that they love themselves. My opinion is based on purchases and use of many products, not just Tesla. Several products that they rave about, especially bicycle gear, have been the worst I've ever owned. I canceled my subscription long ago, but I still learn about products that they recommend and products they hate. I limit my purchases to the ones they hate. That strategy has served me well for several years.

Not that this really makes them better, but they've flip flopped on Tesla several times depending on the news item of the day. Initial review of the Model S broke their scoring mechanism because it was rated so well. Then there were reports of door handle failures in some older cars and they tanked the score. Then those were taken care of and they brought it back up, then Tesla announced they were going to release AEB on AP2 and CR tanked their score again, retroactively, for not having it. Then Tesla rolled out the feature and they increased it again.