Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Happy Are You With Your Tesla?

How happy are you with your Tesla?

• 100%

• 90%

• 80%

• 70%

• 60%

• 50%

• Below 50%

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave them a 90%, The slowness and poor audio quality of Slacker combined with a glitchy navigation with no 3rd party App development was the 10% reduction that I applied. Also the poor reception ability of the FM Antenna (if it even has one) and/or the poor quality of the FM tuner sensitivity drives me nuts, so much so that I stopped listening to FM and only stream from my iphone. (I live in a major metro area, so this should be a non-issue)

Otherwise we have loved all 3 of our S's!.

Last edited:
I would give Tesla a 90%. Unfortunately having my car in the shop for almost a month and possibly a few more weeks for minor cosmetic damage has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I understand a month and a half is nothing compared to what others have waited but in a few days I’m running out of rental vehicle coverage through my insurance and I’m SOL until I get my S back.

I voted below 50%.

1. The amount of crap Tesla has pulled on P owners like countergate and shortchanging other specs like battery capacity, range, and consumption.
2. Clock running out on "oh that doesn't work very well but it's just software, I'm sure they'll fix it eventually"
3. Dreading new updates to discover what they broke in turn for over-hyped non-usable features and easter eggs.

In over 2 years of ownership there's only been a single feature that could be called an improvement, which was improved regen. However, even that traded higher regen above 10mph for even less regen below 10mph, and of course I spend 4-5 months out of the year in a state of constant limited regen anyway.

Suffice it to say I have quite a sour taste for Tesla right now. I kind of wish I just stuck with a traditional manufacturer until they sorted out a proper EV.

Last edited:
90%. It would earn 100% from me if Tesla also had the its own direct repair shop at reasonable cost of parts and labor.

The shops they refer tend to be rip-off. Small scratch repair is like $2,300 paint job from those shops. Fortunately I know one shop that I trust for a very reasonable price $300~400 for the same job.

Max, there's a thread with a linked STL file you can print out your own replacement part for the doors. Tesla sells the part that breaks for $1 now, but if I'd had my doors break that many times by now I'd just have the piece 3D printed in titanium and never worry about it again.
Thanks, I've seen the threads. that handle broke just as my warranty ended. I wouldn't pay the exorbitant fees Tesla charges for the handles. Now that i'm out of warranty, the next one will be repaired by me. And yes, I'm 100% sure there will be a next one. I've had 6 in 2.5 years.

I voted below 50%.

1. The amount of crap Tesla has pulled on P owners like countergate and shortchanging other specs like battery capacity, range, and consumption.
2. Clock running out on "oh that doesn't work very well but it's just software, I'm sure they'll fix it eventually"
3. Dreading new updates to discover what they broke in turn for over-hyped non-usable features and easter eggs.

In over 2 years of ownership there's only been a single feature that could be called an improvement, which was improved regen. However, even that traded higher regen above 10mph for even less regen below 10mph, and of course I spend 4-5 months out of the year in a state of constant limited regen anyway.

Suffice it to say I have quite a sour taste for Tesla right now. I kind of wish I just stuck with a traditional manufacturer until they sorted out a proper EV.

AGREED!

Speaking of reliability, my Model S was pretty good - only minor gripes over 2+ years. My Model X, even though I praised it above and really like it, has been the most unreliable car I've owned. A lot of issues. Not show-stoppers, but a lot more than any car I've owned.

I also find the corporate ethics questionable behind it all. And of course Tesla misses a lot of premium features. BUT I still like the car the best. They do deserve credit for the BEV revolution - and, well, falcon wings are impractical as heck, but super cool... :)

I am very happy with my Tesla. Voted 100%.

The best car I've ever owned.

Now, about the company...

Speaking of reliability, my Model S was pretty good - only minor gripes over 2+ years. My Model X, even though I praised it above and really like it, has been the most unreliable car I've owned. A lot of issues. Not show-stoppers, but a lot more than any car I've owned.

I also find the corporate ethics questionable behind it all. And of course Tesla misses a lot of premium features. BUT I still like the car the best. They do deserve credit for the BEV revolution - and, well, falcon wings are impractical as heck, but super cool... :)

Seems this is exactly why Tesla rates highest in customer satisfaction; 100% Satisfied, Most Unreliable Car I have Ever Owned.

Seems this is exactly why Tesla rates highest in customer satisfaction; 100% Satisfied, Most Unreliable Car I have Ever Owned.

Yep.

I keep telling people this: The satisfaction level, which for Tesla indeed is high, tells almost nothing of the actual gripes with the car or the company. It is completely unrelated.

When you are the only large-battery premium BEV game in town, and large-battery BEV is good for the soul, you get away with stuff. Even me, clearly one of the more critical members on TMC who has no illusions about that stuff... very happy with my car.

The interesting bit is, will this dynamic change and, if so, how, when Tesla no longer is the only game in town.

Reactions: Eclectic
I punched in some formulas into Visi-Calc and the answer is: no change ;)

Then the reality distortion field truly has been reborn. :)

That said, I'm oversimplifying when I say the large-battery BEV is what makes Tesla special. There are other things such as the big screen, the software updates, the Supercharger (for some), the falcon wings/door handles/quirks for some etc.

It is a very different product. And if you find yourself into that different product, satisfaction is bound to be high because relatively speaking that is the best different product in existence. (To an extent, of course, everyone has a limit when the troubles are too much.)

Yep.

I keep telling people this: The satisfaction level, which for Tesla indeed is high, tells almost nothing of the actual gripes with the car or the company. It is completely unrelated.

When you are the only large-battery premium BEV game in town, and large-battery BEV is good for the soul, you get away with stuff. Even me, clearly one of the more critical members on TMC who has no illusions about that stuff... very happy with my car.

The interesting bit is, will this dynamic change and, if so, how, when Tesla no longer is the only game in town.

I get what you are saying, basically the same way I feel about my Teslas. Love driving them, love the features, most unreliable and frustrating cars (at times) I have ever owned. Guess Tesla's are the new Italian sports cars ;)

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
This is a classic TMC Page — a few resident TMC naysayers all trying to spin what is unquestionably a positive in as negative light as possible.

Sorry guys, owners have spoken again and again: Tesla’s just rock. Get over it.

Hey, you don't get to spin this your way without a Disagree and a reply. :D

What we're saying is extremely positive. There is much love for the cars despite tons of gripes about quality and company.

That's true love for the product itself. And that's positive.