TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How has supercharger capacity been this turkey day?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by wk057, Nov 27, 2014.

1. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Might be making a supercharger trip south from NJ tonight... anyone been on this route today? (Newark DE, Woodbridge VA, Glen Allen, VA, etc) ? Just curious if things are getting crowded or not.

:)

2. CatB

CatB Member

I stopped at Glen Allen around 2pm yesterday and charged all through lunch - didn't see another Tesla there.

3. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

I stopped by the Delaware station and there was only one Tesla there for about 20 minutes on Wednesday prime time. I was surprised.

4. FireLT

FireLT Member

Just drove by the SC in woodbridge (few hours ago), parking lot was full all around and 4 of the stalls were ICEd. It was pretty pathetic!

5. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

Swung by Maumee, OH supercharger about 6:00 PM today -- all stalls open.

6. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

On the 29th, Newark had three stalls occupied which is the most I've personally seen there. Glen Allen had one car, and it is a local who is often there.

7. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

My fiance made the trip down in her S while I hauled my P85 behind a U-haul.

Newark had no one else.
    Woodbridge had one other Tesla show up, entire parking lot full except for the Tesla spaces. No ICEing, fortunately.
    Glen Allen has no one else.
    South Hill was empty.
    Burlington was empty.

So, an uneventful trip. Aside from high Wh/mi in the upper 300s (21" rims, sub-freezing temps + cabin heater, and slightly under-inflated tires due to the cold) all was fine. On one part of the trip she actually used over 450 Wh/mi over ~90 miles since the ECO Auto climate setting was pulling in fresh 20F air to heat the cabin...

My S made it in good shape too. Had to use some 2x6's on the ramps of the U-haul trailer even with the suspension on "Very High" so that it didn't scrape going on/off. Aside from being filthy from the trip behind the 6 MPG truck, no issues.

8. Lump

Lump Active Member

Tejon Ranch was full today (Sunday) around noon, flatbed dropped one off in street & he drove in to charge, he avoided talking to the owners that were hanging out...

IMG_0046.JPG

9. Owner

Owner Active Member

Fascinating.... Mountain Towing is located in Lebec near the supercharger just south of Tejon.....???

10. Lump

Lump Active Member

I knew Harris Ranch was working fine because I just spoken to people who had charged there, temperature was around 65 & freeways were congested so can't blame speed or the cold, so we assumed bad planning.