Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How hot is heat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, tonight was the night I was waiting for.

“I hate driving your car, the heat sucks.”
“I had both sides set to hi and the air blowing on my face wasn’t anywhere near hot”

The cabin warms up quickly but it doesn’t blow constant, melt/your/face/off heat, so any chance of her considering, say, a Model X are gone.

Well, tonight was the night I was waiting for.

“I hate driving your car, the heat sucks.”
“I had both sides set to hi and the air blowing on my face wasn’t anywhere near hot”

The cabin warms up quickly but it doesn’t blow constant, melt/your/face/off heat, so any chance of her considering, say, a Model X are gone.

You have bigger problems then luke warm air

Reactions: cbaaz
That is unusual.
Mine melts my face almost instantly.
I don't have a garage at work. Yesterday it was 38 degrees out and the temp in the cabin matched that.
I turned it on Hi, quickly used the bathroom, and a few minutes later it was 80+ when I got in the car.

I'd definitely get it looked at.

You have bigger problems then luke warm air

I can only assume you’re making a comment about my wife. What you don’t know could fill an encyclopedia. She’s about the most perfect woman a guy could ever ask for. She just gets cold easily, and prefers to stay warm.

If that’s her biggest fault, I’m doing pretty damn well.

Just pop on romance mode.

It is getting to be time to fire up the fireplace and get cozy. Last winter used it with the music while waiting in the car. Toasty seats too! Ours on both cars really cranks out the heat quickly. If the car’s heat works well there, would think there isn’t a heat issue.

@dmurphy I have to wonder what your fan settings are. Have you checked to see which are set to On (Up for windshield, across for face/body, and down for feet)? Of course next to check is where the air flow is going. I do believe this is all programmable with profile setting. When she’s going to be in the car suppose you could set it up for her based on her being in passenger seat or drivers seat and use the settings during the colder winter months. You’re a good husband keeping your lady happy or trying to!

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy