Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How I doubled my tire life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been looking into these for my P85. Ive read on other forums that it can be difficult to find a shop to do the alignment. Have you experienced any difficulty with shops refusing to work on the car due to the unique design of the hardware or any other reason?
How have they held up?
getting these installed next week. Currently lowered on links and on 21" Arachnids and trying to save my tires

Attachments

• IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    670.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Reactions: Evoyager
Interesting thread. My experience is the opposite.

The mobile service guy measured the tire tread on my 2019 MS Performance with 28000 km (17500 miles) and found 6mm on both rears and 3-4 mm on the fronts, so double the wear on the fronts compared to the rears. I wonder why the difference?

I found that hard fast turns tears the thread off the sides of front tires. Also. My car is antique, I found I have to check pressure every month because of temperature change. Pressure has to be 45 to 50 psi.
Wear rating on replacement tires means alot. My friend went thru a set in a year, he found low pressure all the time. Notice, there are a lot of variables.

$550 with the coupon.

the Goodyear tires are designed to help with the torque wear. If they actually work that will be great but the problem with excessive wear isn’t from the torque only. It’s the camber these cars come with from factory. And non adjustable camer arms or bolts is the big problem. No matter what tire is used or compound this will always happen because camber creates heat which makes it wear fast. And toe even more.
sorry may I ask where do you got the coupon?