Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How I got Boombox to take custom tracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree. Fu*kin useless. Something so simple and you have to jump through fire ringed hoops and then it still only works half-assed.

All I want to to set a file that the car will play at speeds under 25mph going forward. I don't need it coming out of the internal speakers besides the music from my connected phone, I don't want to set this every time i get in the car, I don't need it playing faster than 25mph, etc, etc. Right now, it is USELESS.

Damn, just sell your car then if it's so awful. Your specific needs aren't being catered to by Tesla...oh no!

• Funny
Reactions: Bill Price
A new feature that I was so excited about but ultimately disappointed by all due to terrible implementation

1.). Speaker sound should be able to replace the previous under 20 mph forward and reverse existing sounds (without affecting the in cabin audio). ; that is what people actually wanted and were excited about and instead we got a half baked feature that seems like it took more work to design than we even wanted

2.). Should not have to be set each time I shift to park

Just most absurd that it takes over the in cabin audio when the existing reverse/ slow speeds do not
Can only hope that they fix these obvious oversights in a future firmware update.

For make it clear Boombox is not a function of the car on the settings is a "Easter Eggs" like Christmas ect..
It's not intended for playing indefinitly it's for making a prank or surprise your neighbors perhaps later Tesla add this on setting with better configuration.

For make it clear Boombox is not a function of the car on the settings is a "Easter Eggs" like Christmas ect..
It's not intended for playing indefinitly it's for making a prank or surprise your neighbors perhaps later Tesla add this on setting with better configuration.

Thanks a good point Husky and I was a little harsh
I do enjoy the little gifts just think the software could use some tweaks

played with it this morning and actually my primary complaint is if you have music playing in the car and then switch to Boombox And turn on to play an exterior sound...
When you turn off the Boombox ; your previously playing audio does not come back on
I play 99% Slacker and takes multiple screen presses just to get back playing interior music and that is when Slacker loads quickly

I would think that is an easy fix

Yeah, although it is in "toybox" I'd like to see this and some other customization settings get moved to the main settings. I saw a UI mockup with customizable accent color (replacing blue everywhere) and it was *chef kiss.* I'm OK with the sounds not replacing the existing sounds for regulation and whatnot, but it would be nice to set a driving and summon sound once, having it play over the existing safety sounds, and not have it replace cabin audio.