Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How I processed my audio files and got much better sound on the Ultra High Fidelity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! This is my first post here at TMC. I mostly read Teslas own forum when I reserved my Tesla back in August 2012, and later on Norwegian forums. I have also read a lot of posts here and am glad to finally contribute. This is something I wanted to share with all you hifi enthusiasts driving Tesla.

After taking delivery here in Norway September 2013 i tried all sorts of settings to get the optimal sound in my car but I never could get it to play the way I wanted, so I used my experience from tuning PA's to make a Eq specially suited to a Tesla with the upgraded sound system. It was not as easy as I hoped. One thing is a car standing still but as soon as the car drives on noisy tarmac there are a number of other factors that play a part on the final sound in the car. I am very pleased with the final result and as a Tesla enthusiast I am giving my results away for free.

Well great, how does it sound, you may ask...
I would love to put up a copy of Random Access Memories to show that the bass is now playing really nice, or even some albums from Kari Bremnes to show that the vocal is much better, but I'd probably be sued quite fast. If some of you have copyright to some good sounding music please post a link for download and I will apply the Eq and put up a link as well for that download so that you all can hear the original song on your HiFi and the processed one in your Tesla.

Until then you can enjoy a band that I did a mix on. The original can be downloaded here. And the one processed with the Eq can be downloaded here.
As described in the paper you can download below I had the Tesla's Eq set flat, and fader +6, balance +8.

The process and the final Eq can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8fn5n8ppooysd8/Tesla Premium Sound System review.pdf?dl=0
It is well documented and hopefully easy to understand. But as you can see it is very time consuming to "convert" albums into "TeslaEq" albums.