Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how is cant my Tesla model X get update ? how many GB update ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 and a model x. The model 3 always seems to get the updates first. Got V10 on it last night, still haven't received the update on my X. The car will automatically download the update and then notify you when ready to install. On my model 3 the update was about 1.9 GB.

Reactions: oliver4ever
Lots of folks are on V9. I don't know if it has even been released outside of the USA. Local laws may cause delays or missing features.

You MUST be connected over Wi-Fi if you want most updates. Cellular updates are the last and only a few updates will be pushed over cellular.

Hi Oliver4ever,

I am not sure the people here are noticing that you are from Ukraine...
I do not see a listing for Tesla in Ukraine.
Do you have authorized Tesla service for your car? Where?
If you have trouble - your authorized Tesla service provider can check to see if something might
be "stuck" in the download procedure. They can sometimes push the update.
This can help it to download.
Please get help from your authorized Tesla service provider.
I am not sure but I believe these updates must be applied sequentially and if so you have many to catch up on.

To get update you MUST (generally) be connected to WiFi.

When you get into your car in the garage do you see the ))) indicating you are connected to WiFi?

I have had trouble with my car X from 3-18 will not always reconnect to WiFi when I return home.
I then have to select WiFi and perhaps put in the WiFi password but I make sure it is connected
before I leave the car...

Please insure that you see the ))) on your screen to confirm a good WiFi connection.

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi Oliver4ever,

I am not sure the people here are noticing that you are from Ukraine...
I do not see a listing for Tesla in Ukraine.
Do you have authorized Tesla service for your car? Where?
If you have trouble - your authorized Tesla service provider can check to see if something might
be "stuck" in the download procedure. They can sometimes push the update.
This can help it to download.
Please get help from your authorized Tesla service provider.
I am not sure but I believe these updates must be applied sequentially and if so you have many to catch up on.

To get update you MUST (generally) be connected to WiFi.

When you get into your car in the garage do you see the ))) indicating you are connected to WiFi?

I have had trouble with my car X from 3-18 will not always reconnect to WiFi when I return home.
I then have to select WiFi and perhaps put in the WiFi password but I make sure it is connected
before I leave the car...

Please insure that you see the ))) on your screen to confirm a good WiFi connection.

Good luck,

Shawn

my car from USA and i ship it to ukraine :)) but i dont know if wifi wil be on with good speed i cannge the sim card to EU and itS LTE now :(
i hope all will be ok :))
but there is tesla banded from update or it's all get update ?

Hi Oliver4ever,
Forget LTE way too slow and expensive for Tesla if active at your location...

You need large bandwidth WiFi... I check and I do not see any Apple (phone) stores in Ukraine.
If they had them you could park very close and use their WiFi in your car...
They have large bandwidth and public access.

Another public WiFi source is Starbuck's... I see they have a well rated store in Kiev...
If you could get close you might be able to get on their network.
You may need to purchase coffee or some of their great looking cakes to get a password for their network.
Good coffee and sweets, it could be worth a try...

Shawn