Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is Kingston these Days with the new added capacity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning a trip from Toronto to Lac Superieur QC (near Tremblant) this long weekend (Sunday).

ABRP shows me stopping at Belleville and Perth (taking HWY 7 around Ottawa) and then the Cameron - Gatineau ferry (!!), or the alternate route which is about 10 minutes longer but no ferry and more "conventional" going through Kingston, staying on the 401 before cutting over to Casselman charger and then up the 417 to Tremblant area.

Two questions - Has anyone ever taken that ferry? Sounds like it could be a fun experience but wondering if anyone has ever tried it.

Second, last time I went through Kingston it was before the new SC across the street came on line and I would do everything I could to avoid Kingston (especially on a Sunday!) Any thoughts on whether / how the new location has eased congestion at Kingston?

Thx in advance.

I went the opposite way from Montreal to Toronto last June and the added spot did help it did double the number of chargers and they are very close by. Usually I get there early and when I’m ready to leave there is a waiting line. But last time there was even some free spots. Hope it helped you

I occasionally use the ferries in Rockland and in Cumberland. Personally I prefer the more scenic (and electric!) one in Rockland. Both will take you across the river and on a nice ride to Mont Tremblant. As you are probably aware, Mont Tremblant also has superchargers as well as level 2 chargers.
Have a nice trip :)

Just to close the loop. As I was getting closer to Kingston on Sunday I was watching the numbers. Looked to be a steady “Long Wait” at the newer location and “short wait” / 1 open stall at the older location so I bailed out early and charged at Belleville.
Not more than 1 or 2 stalls open the whole time I was there and Belleville is a big set up.
Going back to Toronto on Thursday afternoon and planning on Perth and Belleville to get home. Hopefully congestion will be much better on a Thursday afternoon.

Reactions: UncleCreepy