TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How is legroom measured?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Runt8, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Runt8

Runt8 Member

One of my main concerns with the Model 3 was rear leg room. My current vehicle is getting too small for my kids in their car seats when sitting behind me. The spec sheet shows 42.7” in the front and 35.2” in the back - obviously that depends on where the front seat is positioned. Does anyone know how that is measured? Is there anyway to determine how much legroom that gives the driver and the passenger behind the driver?

2. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Active Member

I'm 6' 6" tall, and wear 36" x 36" Levis. My experience has been "the proof is in the pudding". I am very anxious to test drive a Model 3.

• Like x 1
  3. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

I assume it is measured with a tape measure :p

4. HopeToGolf

HopeToGolf Member

Rear legroom is important to me as well. If a 6 foot adult cannot fit comfortably in the back seat of the car, I may as well have a two-seater.

Hopefully, we'll get some reviews/reports on this soon (or have vehicles in stores).

5. RobertF

RobertF Member

Any evaluation from a long legged person who has sat in the 3s drivers seat? Or the front passenger seat and their view of the drivers leg room?

6. gregd

gregd Active Member

There were several live streams from attendees last night taking test drives. All who commented about it felt the leg room was excellent.

But nobody brought a tape measure :(